Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

black spokes

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Mxtweeker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default black spokes

I want to go with black spokes on my Street bob.. anyone ever have theirs powdercoated, or is there black spokes i can buy? Also i would like to go to a 21in front.. Is there wider 21's that are the same width as the stock 19?

Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Fupl18
Road Warrior

i know you can get spokes on www.hdwheels.com in almost any color you want.. 2 bucks a spoke..

Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Little tip....I was looking at going all black on the wheels too...Its much cheaper to have your whole wheel powder coated than taking them apart just to put black spokes in.Will save you loads of greenbacks for something else : ) If you want a little different look get the nipples taped up before the pc treatment to leave them chrome..tis' what I'm doing and think it'll turn out freakin' awsome lookin' haha!

Last edited by Sumpnut; 02-16-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Mxtweeker
Advanced

Thanks, thats alot of wheel options..

Old 02-16-2009, 12:31 PM
ArmyGuy on SB
Novice

Another option that I have been looking into is taking the wheel apart myself, sending the spokes and the hub to get powdercoated, and then taking it to an indi to put the spokes back together. The service manual has instructions on how to relace the wheels, but I don't know if I want to try myself.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Mxtweeker
Advanced

I thought about taking them apart myself as i have done my dirtbike wheel many times.. I have a local shop that has the trueing stand.. I think thats the way im going to end up going, just gotta make the time to strip them down..

Old 02-16-2009, 04:47 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Sumpnut
Little tip....I was looking at going all black on the wheels too...Its much cheaper to have your whole wheel powder coated than taking them apart just to put black spokes in.Will save you loads of greenbacks for something else : ) If you want a little different look get the nipples taped up before the pc treatment to leave them chrome..tis' what I'm doing and think it'll turn out freakin' awsome lookin' haha!
DO NOT DO THIS!!!! you will not be able to true the wheel ever again unless you have all the powder blasted off! people come up to me all the time for me to do this on their wheels i say NO every time... it will end up costing you so much more money,
Do it right do it once!

+1 on HD wheels, i use him alot, i have powdered a bunch of spokes for people it usually cost around, $1 - $2 per spoke... depending on what colors they want done... in some cases you can get the black spokes from places such as HD wheels and then swap them out 2 at a time, just unlace the old ones and lace in the new ones, then just true them... i can look to see if i have any extra spokes from when i have done customers bikes, i dont think i do but if i do your are more than welcome to them... then you can have your local coater powder them... i just have no clue where they are (if i have them)

to give you an idea... here are stock 40 spokes done in caution yellow

Last edited by JRK5892; 02-16-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:12 PM
A-10 KChawg
Tourer

+1 on what JRK. I took the spokes out myself (saves shop time $$$$). Then had the rims and hubs powdercoated. Had them relaced at a local shop for $50.00 a wheel. I also added a 21 in. front rim. Grand total came to about $450.00 for what appears to be a whole new set of wheels!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:21 PM
ArmyGuy on SB
Novice

Is it possible to not take off the tire if I am only powdering the spokes and the hubs? It will save money by not paying to take the tire off and on, and my rims are already black.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
AAA88
Advanced

you have to take off the tire in order to unlace the wheel. PM sent

Quick Reply: black spokes