Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New pics: YSS shocks, Carlini bars, Le Pera sport smooth

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 05:55 AM
BUSCHA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New pics: YSS shocks, Carlini bars, Le Pera sport smooth

I made some mods to my bike: I got the YSS shocks (thanks Howard!!!), Carlini clean sweeps 7" rise 1.5" thick, Le Pera Sport smooth seat, relocated the turn signals to the fork, and got the Kuryakyn ISO-stirrups. Some comments:

YSS shocks: much better than stock, give more confidence in agressive riding and handle road imperfections much better than the stock ones. As is Howard set them up 12" eye to eye, but their length can be adjusted up to 12.5". I highly recommend these shocks. Talk to Howard!

Carlini 7" rise 1.5" thick clean sweeps: Love them, got the look I wanted for my bike. T-bars give you a much more immediate feel of the bike, and are better for more aggressive riding. The make me lean a bit forward in relation to the apes, but I find them very comfortable.

Le Pera sport smooth seat: Much better than stock in looks but also in terms of comfort. Moves you down but did not notice any back/front movement. Also offers good back support. (didn't get the gel option; just the basicvinyl seat).

Turn signal relocation: maybe the thing that I like least in terms of mods. The turn signals stick too much out, in my opinion. I might try the Kuryakyn 49mm fork brackets. Before I do that I'll buy and stick a fork bag under the headlight - maybe this would solve the problem.

Kuryakyn stirrups: look good but I did not have a chance yet to try them on the highway. I am still trying to get used to them.

Things coming up: Race Tech front springs and gold valve cartridge emulators, SE frok brace, chrome fork lowers, chrome spacers. Question: I have a 1" lowering kit (spacer) for the front forks that I am currently considering whether or not to use it. I think I won't. But have a look at the pics and tell me what you think.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:33 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drag specialties has a set of relocation brackets that keep it close to the forks. Bike is looking good.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:52 AM
WildBillAce2
Road Master

Looks great!

Old 02-16-2009, 08:06 AM
BUSCHA
Tourer

Originally Posted by formike56
Drag specialties has a set of relocation brackets that keep it close to the forks. Bike is looking good.
Thanks, I'll have a look. Do you remember who makes them?

Old 02-16-2009, 08:12 AM
BUSCHA
Tourer

Originally Posted by WildBillAce2
Looks great!
Thanks!!!

BTW I forgot to mention I also got the tank leather pocket thing. Looks Okish but very useful to stack small objects (e.g., toll tickets; you get lots of those in Italy when you use the autostrada)

Old 02-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Muddyape
Road Master

Looks great...I put my 1.5" Carlini Lowdowns on towards the end of the last season and love them. I love the Wide Glide. Might look cool with the nose lowered another inch, long and low.

Last edited by Muddyape; 02-16-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:54 AM
BUSCHA
Tourer

Thanks muddyape. I am extremely happy with the Carlini's as well. BTW do your bars have the "Carlini" brand stamped on them? Can this be removed? I am thinking hard about whether I want to lower the nose an inch. I think the bike will look better, but not sure whether this will mean having to lean significantly more forward to reach the handlebars. As is, the position of the handlebars is perfect. Mmm...

Old 02-16-2009, 09:01 AM
BUSCHA
Tourer

Originally Posted by formike56
Formike, I think I found it: http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/18/462/7723058, looks good. Though a bit expensive for two bolts

Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 AM
glide05
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like everything you've done.
Uncluttered and simple with some handling improvements included.
Looks great.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 AM
BUSCHA
Tourer

Thanks glide05! Hey I had a look at your gallery, you've got some trick shocks and fork!

Quick Reply: New pics: YSS shocks, Carlini bars, Le Pera sport smooth