Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with Tru-track - Some questions for ya guys!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 04:24 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Yeah, over priced indeed, but I'm sure its worth it. Just gotta convince the woman now that my bike is "unstable" and that this will make it "more stable" and be much "safer!"

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm thinking I may just give it a try. What was the group buy discount code again? HDFsomething something something... lol
Yeah I played that card once when I bought the dual front brake kit. Not sure if I can play it again!

I read in another thread you are thinking of going another direction with your bike, does this plus the fork brace mean you're going to make a HD canyon carver? Can I expect 13.5" shocks on that beast next?

Bike looks awesome by the way.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:34 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rockon
What I've really noticed is that when I hit a 90 degree turn hard, there's a sensation of the rear tire drifting a little bit. It's not really a big deal since I'm used to it and am ready for it, but it is disconcerting and I bet could lead one to over-correct or lose control if they adjusted too heavily to it. As I understand it, this is one of those issues that True-Track helps to correct.
Certainly is! Not only will you find you can attack such bends with more confidence, but you can choose your line going into it more precisely and be on the gas earlier going away...

Old 02-16-2009, 04:57 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah I played that card once when I bought the dual front brake kit. Not sure if I can play it again!

I read in another thread you are thinking of going another direction with your bike, does this plus the fork brace mean you're going to make a HD canyon carver? Can I expect 13.5" shocks on that beast next?

Bike looks awesome by the way.
Hahaha, I think I can pull it off! And not sure about a canyon carver, but something that handles well. I was going to change the appearance at first, but have since decided to change the handling first. SOO, we'll see!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:08 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, FWIW, I think your bike looks real nice, and Dynas for damn sure benefit from some handling mods. So good move on your part!

If you get a chance, take a trip to the Dragon and the roads that surround it and I bet you'll sink every dime into handling I'm heading there in May, and there's a good chance I'll order a True Track before then. Matter of fact, Saturday is my birthday (the big three-oh!), maybe I need a present to myself.... hmm... How long is that offer code good for?

Old 02-16-2009, 05:40 PM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

yeah i agree they are a little pricey...but,if you want performance it isnt no big deal to put down $1000 for cams,pipes,air filter...this is a upgrade you will notice .

Old 02-16-2009, 07:22 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Blah........................................ I can't decide if I want to get them or not!! hmmmm.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:51 PM
speedjunkie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAGDOCTOR
Hello Interested Dyna Owners:
This is Ron from True-Track. After continued calls regarding the HDF39995 special, we have extended the offer until March 31st, 09.
Thank you for your support!

Adrian,

It is an expensive choice. I live in KS, land of 11 curves in 318 miles! We have a couple curvy roads around here that aren't very technical, but the surface isn't the best anymore. Last time I was on them, the bike just doesn't feel all that stable. Not to my liking, to much wallowing around. Good parts of OK, MO, and AR aren't that far away either.

I'm sitting here trying to think objectively on your situation and comparing it to my situation. My initial thougts are this. If you are accustomed to your bike handling a certain way, how is it going handle/feel if you go somewhere like the Dragon or the Cherahola? Will you be prepared for what lies ahead? The bike certainly won't be. Will you be able to handle what lies ahead when the bike isn't up to the task? BTW, I've been to both on a sport touring rig, what a blast!

Take into consideration the amount of saddle time you have as well. The less time you have, the more pertinent the above questions become.

Let me explain the last question. I have been in a few hairy situations in the past when on sport type bikes. Usually pushing the limits and something unexpected has come up at an inopportune time. In those rare, but critical instances, I was forced to lay all trust in the bikes abilities, and force it to do something I didn't think possible. And it always pulled thru with flying colors to allow me to ride home in one piece, so I could change my shorts!!!!

In bone stock form, I know in my heart that my HD won't be up to the task in those instances. Now, I don't ride quite as hard as I used to, but I still don't let any dust collect either! So, for me, it's piece of mind. If I can improve my odds of coming home in that rare case, then $340 or $400 either one is a CHEAP price to pay IMO!

So, I ordered the True-Track. Should be here this week.

I'm just looking for something to boost my confidence in the bikes abilities again. I'll be sorely disappointed if it doesn't perform, and I'll post up about it too.

Not try to "sell" you on anything. Just 'splainin' my thought process, and trying to help you make an educated decision.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Mike

Old 02-17-2009, 11:18 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Adrian,

It is an expensive choice. I live in KS, land of 11 curves in 318 miles! We have a couple curvy roads around here that aren't very technical, but the surface isn't the best anymore. Last time I was on them, the bike just doesn't feel all that stable. Not to my liking, to much wallowing around. Good parts of OK, MO, and AR aren't that far away either.

I'm sitting here trying to think objectively on your situation and comparing it to my situation. My initial thougts are this. If you are accustomed to your bike handling a certain way, how is it going handle/feel if you go somewhere like the Dragon or the Cherahola? Will you be prepared for what lies ahead? The bike certainly won't be. Will you be able to handle what lies ahead when the bike isn't up to the task? BTW, I've been to both on a sport touring rig, what a blast!

Take into consideration the amount of saddle time you have as well. The less time you have, the more pertinent the above questions become.

Let me explain the last question. I have been in a few hairy situations in the past when on sport type bikes. Usually pushing the limits and something unexpected has come up at an inopportune time. In those rare, but critical instances, I was forced to lay all trust in the bikes abilities, and force it to do something I didn't think possible. And it always pulled thru with flying colors to allow me to ride home in one piece, so I could change my shorts!!!!

In bone stock form, I know in my heart that my HD won't be up to the task in those instances. Now, I don't ride quite as hard as I used to, but I still don't let any dust collect either! So, for me, it's piece of mind. If I can improve my odds of coming home in that rare case, then $340 or $400 either one is a CHEAP price to pay IMO!

So, I ordered the True-Track. Should be here this week.

I'm just looking for something to boost my confidence in the bikes abilities again. I'll be sorely disappointed if it doesn't perform, and I'll post up about it too.

Not try to "sell" you on anything. Just 'splainin' my thought process, and trying to help you make an educated decision.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Mike
You are absolutely right man. Thanks so much for that. I'm going to go ahead and take the hit then I suppose.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Man O'War
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I would buy the TT, but I am really concerned about its installation. I have read many of the posts about the front stabilizer going on easy but the back one being difficult. I confess that I am not adept with wrenching and would worry that I didn't do it right, etc. I would pay to have the dealer install it, but don't know if they know what TT is. If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would appreciate it.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:09 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Man O'War
I would buy the TT, but I am really concerned about its installation. I have read many of the posts about the front stabilizer going on easy but the back one being difficult. I confess that I am not adept with wrenching and would worry that I didn't do it right, etc. I would pay to have the dealer install it, but don't know if they know what TT is. If anyone has any thoughts on this, I would appreciate it.
Man O'War,

With a name like that I would stand back and watch you at work! I am one of those who has commented on the difficulty of fitting the rear bracket. What made it difficult for me was the two bolts that pass through the gearbox, from one side to the other.

Take a look at your bike, just under the chrome cover on the swingarm, over the brake reservoir, at the rear mount. My photo shows the bracket in place and the ends of the two bolts that hold it on. On your bike you will see either two bolt heads, or two nuts.

If you can see two nuts, you will have a much easier time than I did! If you can see bolt heads, those bolts have to be reversed, which I had problems with, because of access from the other side. The tools you need are basic, nothing special. It helps to have a pal round, if only to have a beer with when you have finished. With the information here on HDF you can do it!

Quick Reply: Those with Tru-track - Some questions for ya guys!