Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 49mm fork modification

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:05 AM
karter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,I'm new to this forum ,but have been a part of the Sportster forum for a while . I installed Ricors Intiminators earlier this year on my 04 Sportster . The installation of the Ricors made a huge improvement to the front forks . I had installed Prog .Sus . springs in the forks when I purchased the bike new . This was a step-up but not much . Intiminators up front , Ohlin 36 series shocks on the rear ,every Sportster should be sold with this combo . Just bought a new 09 Road King this past Thursday and Ricors will be my "FIRST" improvement ,then I can get on with paying the Harley Tax and do the stage 1 mods .

Old 12-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Oldman - New Iron
Tourer

Good to see tecnology trickling down. Came from mountain bike/downhill racing . Seems that tecnology is 3 to 5 yrs ahead . Gonna see if it lasts before I buy.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:41 PM
doxbike
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldman - New Iron
Good to see tecnology trickling down. Came from mountain bike/downhill racing . Seems that tecnology is 3 to 5 yrs ahead . Gonna see if it lasts before I buy.
I rode a lot with XLXR (from the Sporty forum) and he talked me into the Intiminators.Had the Intiminators on my xl1200R for 12,000 miles before I traded it in on the '09 fxdf which now has nearly 10,000 miles on it. Still grin every time I ride it. It ain't my st1300 but this bitch handles for a Harley!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:27 AM
HDPANAMA
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Hal@Ricor
The shim stack tune for Road Kings is slightly different. It has been worked out and tested on a number of baggers with the same great results. The picture of the damaged front fender on our website is a 09 Road King. The owner rides his bike hard obviously and Henderson Harley came to us for a fix. We designed and made the spacer, the dealer installed it along with the Intiminator. Owner was very pleased as was the dealer as it was a brand new bike and a warranty repair on a very expensive custom paint job.
http://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=37

We do not recommend changing your fork fluid level unless you have your own reason for doing so. You also should be hearing back from some other forum members in the near future who recently purchased our IAS valve. Henderson Harley is also installing them on every new Police Bike that comes through their shop for the initial set up before they are delivered.
Others have tried to achieve the same results.. RICOR has achieved it...... and we gurantee you will be more than happy with your new ride

What will the size of the Intiminator Valve for a 2009 Road King Classic, I think after research should be 41mm, should I used the Spacer, I am asking because I live in Panama, don’t want to make a mistake, like to order the correct size, Will install with Progressive Spring 11-1131

Thanks

HDPANAMA

Old 11-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Ricor Shocks
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Oldman - New Iron
Actually it was the founder of Ricor, Don Richardson, that introduced that technology to mountain bikes. There are some work arounds that don't work as well and would be flat out dangerous on a motorized vehicle. Very long story....

Old 11-09-2010, 10:28 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Ricor Shocks
Actually it was the founder of Ricor, Don Richardson, that introduced that technology to mountain bikes. There are some work arounds that don't work as well and would be flat out dangerous on a motorized vehicle. Very long story....
Ricor, that is an answer to a question asked eleven months ago! How about the one HDPanama just asked today? He's a prospective customer.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Ricor Shocks
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by grbrown
Ricor, that is an answer to a question asked eleven months ago! How about the one HDPanama just asked today? He's a prospective customer.
I guess I should read the date on the post!

Handled via e-mail with our new friend from Panama, looks like he brought the thread back to the top and I just read the last couple of post.

And yes he is correct, he needs 41mm.

Thanks,

Brian

Old 11-09-2010, 11:18 AM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed both Intimnators & Ricor shocks on my Wide Glide in mid-july. I have put well over 7500 mile since. The change in the ride is great. Don't know if it was the Intiminator's or the Shocks. Did both at the same time. If I had to do it all over again. I would start with the Intiminators. Then shocks. I had the Fork Brace, and True-Track already installed. The ride improvment over stock is fantastic. I did several days over 600 miles without a backache. Cudos to Ricor for their products.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:45 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

$298.94 is allot to pay.
I'm waiting for my new Works triple spring fork set and was interested in this item but not at that price.
They have got to come down, there doesen't look to be much to them.
The whole new Works sping settup is $149.00 and this little valve for twice that is way too much.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser

Originally Posted by stilup
$298.94 is allot to pay.
I'm waiting for my new Works triple spring fork set and was interested in this item but not at that price.
They have got to come down, there doesen't look to be much to them.
The whole new Works sping settup is $149.00 and this little valve for twice that is way too much.
A lot of custom machined parts in that little vale that are protected by patents that are individually machined. Obviously you have not had the opportunity to take one apart and lay all the special pieces out that no one else can manufacture. ….(Not that we recommend the average person do that) We recommend you keep your existing springs and just use the IAS valve before you chase your tail with what everyone else sells, and has been out there for a lot of years. Do it once with the IAS Technology or keep chasing your tail. Eventually you may get there like a lot of others have tried or do it once like a number of those who know better. You will improve your ride with what you are doing; it just will not be the best that it can be. Use our discount code, for forum members, before it goes retail and we can no longer offer it. Plus if you are not happy we will refund you purchase price. See if you can get that from anyone else. We guarantee you will be happy, no questions asked.

Quick Reply: New 49mm fork modification