Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 49mm fork modification

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:15 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricor Shocks
CB,

I need to clarify something on this post. The 440's do use the ricor technology but they are made under a license to Progressive. We have no control how they tune or set up the shocks.

The Ricor Intiminator is manufactured and controlled in house.

Brian
I stand corrected, the caveat was "my understanding".
CB

Old 03-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

Have gone for a ride and these are a great investment. Aimed for manhole covers, cracks in the pavement and railroad tracks. The front end works so well you do not feel anything in the bars. Nice to install something that you can actually feel the difference. Thanks and a big "well done" to Brian@ Ricor. Now lets fix the rear shocks. Russel

Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 PM
JSR
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
Have gone for a ride and these are a great investment. Aimed for manhole covers, cracks in the pavement and railroad tracks. The front end works so well you do not feel anything in the bars. Nice to install something that you can actually feel the difference. Thanks and a big "well done" to Brian@ Ricor. Now lets fix the rear shocks. Russel
That's what I've been waiting to hear!! Thanks for the report. Can you tell me any details as to what you did for the install? Did you make any changes other than dropping the Intiminators in? How much oil did you use?

Thanks!!
jeff

Old 03-12-2009, 10:30 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by JSR
That's what I've been waiting to hear!! Thanks for the report. Can you tell me any details as to what you did for the install? Did you make any changes other than dropping the Intiminators in? How much oil did you use?

Thanks!!
jeff
Check this thread out on mudpuddle's install.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...n-upgrade.html

I ordered mine today and should be here early next week.
CB

Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 PM
JSR
Novice

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Check this thread out on mudpuddle's install.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...n-upgrade.html

I ordered mine today and should be here early next week.
CB
Yup, I had read mudpuddle's install/review, as well as most everyone elses post. But that was on a Dyna, and Lonewolf176 has a 2007 Streetglide, which I believe has the same frontend as my 2007 Road King Custom. So I wanted to learn exactly what he did (was it on stock springs, how much fluid did he use, confirm it was Amsoil Shock Therapy #5, etc) since his results were so good.

For example, in the photo on his install post, mudpuddle shows Amsoil #10, but I think Ricor recommends #5 for my bike.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:22 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by JSR
Yup, I had read mudpuddle's install/review, as well as most everyone elses post. But that was on a Dyna, and Lonewolf176 has a 2007 Streetglide, which I believe has the same frontend as my 2007 Road King Custom. So I wanted to learn exactly what he did (was it on stock springs, how much fluid did he use, confirm it was Amsoil Shock Therapy #5, etc) since his results were so good.

For example, in the photo on his install post, mudpuddle shows Amsoil #10, but I think Ricor recommends #5 for my bike.
Ricor recommends 10wt, 15wt if you ride hard, for the 49mm forks. I would not think it would be any different for the baggers.
CB

Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 PM
JSR
Novice

Ricor recommends 10wt, 15wt if you ride hard, for the 49mm forks. I would not think it would be any different for the baggers.
CB
That's not what it says on their website. They recommend 10wt for the 49mm forks, but 5wt for the 39mm and 41mm forks. Here's the link for the 41mm, which is what I have...http://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=29

Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Lonewolf176
Stellar HDF Member
Received 370 Likes on 235 Posts

Yep. 5W on the 41MM.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:37 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

An 07' touring only has 41mm forks? Sorry, I was assuming the 06' up touring had the same tube diameter as 06' up dyna as well.
Why would they have a weaker fork on the touring model, do the 09's have 41mm as well? I was wondering why Hal was recommending the spacer since it was only for the 41mm, should have put 2 and 2 together, my bad. At least now I know, .
CB

Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 PM
JSR
Novice

An 07' touring only has 41mm forks? Sorry, I was assuming the 06' up touring had the same tube diameter as 06' up dyna as well.
Why would they have a weaker fork on the touring model, do the 09's have 41mm as well? I was wondering why Hal was recommending the spacer since it was only for the 41mm, should have put 2 and 2 together, my bad. At least now I know, .
CB
No problemo...I appreciate the thought. But maybe someone can explain this to me. All of the 07 touring bikes, except the Road Kings, have a damper valve in the fork. What does it do? Does it control compression damping? And why wouldn't they have it on the RK's?

Quick Reply: New 49mm fork modification