Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 49mm fork modification

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:54 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got you on the 440s. It is just that I am not a big fan of the way they work, I'm not sure they put a lot of engineering into those. To each his own.
I did find out that 10wt oil is recommended the for the 49mm fork, oops.
5wt is for the 39 and 41mm fork. So unless your due for a change it should be a pretty straight forward swap.
CB

Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 AM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CBZ, thanks for all the info so far, sorry if I ask so many questions, just trying to gather info from an unbiased source. I'm a little confused about fork oil weight for this product as there seems to be conflicting information. Ricor website says two different things, for 49mm they say use amsoil shock therapy medium wt. 10wt(for 49mm showa using harley fork oil e or b type) they also say to use Belray 14 W on the same page, I gather both will work depending on if you want a little more rebound control with the heavier weight.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 AM
madden23
Road Master

*15 W belray

Old 02-17-2009, 02:56 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by madden23
CBZ, thanks for all the info so far, sorry if I ask so many questions, just trying to gather info from an unbiased source. I'm a little confused about fork oil weight for this product as there seems to be conflicting information. Ricor website says two different things, for 49mm they say use amsoil shock therapy medium wt. 10wt(for 49mm showa using harley fork oil e or b type) they also say to use Belray 14 W on the same page, I gather both will work depending on if you want a little more rebound control with the heavier weight.

This was a response to a question I raised on another forum;

If your Dyna is running 41MM forks the Intiminators will work extremely well for your bike with 5 wt oil. If it is a newer model with 49MM forks they will make a major inprovement to your ride but you need to use 10wt oil. I ride a Softail with 41MM forks and the Intiminators work great. Actually makes the bike seem lighter (impossilbe I know) but it is what it is, in so far as how the bike feels now. Also a noticeable improvment in the rear with less input to the frame coming from the front.
We did all our original testing and tuning with a Sporty 39MM and a Dyan 41MM. We were surprised on how much they improved the rear of the Softail with it's linked suspension, when we installed them on my ride.
The 49MM forks are larger but actually move less fluid and require the 10 wt oil. Our test Dyna is an 06 and runs 49MM forks and we found the 5wt was to light, wheel inputs were handled very well but the frame wanted to rise more than we liked during hard acceleration.
Hal@Ricor
I would recommend you contact Ricor, try;
brian@ricorshocks.com

Old 02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
madden23
Road Master

Thanks!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 PM
madden23
Road Master

This product sounds like a good idea to me(if it's everything you have explained), I wonder if they will give us a group buy to help get this off the ground for them, Harleys must be a huge untapped market for them, word of mouth is very powerful advertising.
I was never sold on the race tech solution, and certainly don't want to spend 2K on an inverted front. So far works performance triple rate spring kit, better but not there yet for me. For me suspension is the most important mod.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:57 AM
04fxdwgi
Cruiser

$300.00........ Holy crap

Old 02-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Ricor Shocks
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madden23
This product sounds like a good idea to me(if it's everything you have explained), I wonder if they will give us a group buy to help get this off the ground for them, Harleys must be a huge untapped market for them, word of mouth is very powerful advertising.
I was never sold on the race tech solution, and certainly don't want to spend 2K on an inverted front. So far works performance triple rate spring kit, better but not there yet for me. For me suspension is the most important mod.
After being alerted to some posts on this site I wanted to check it out. As far at the 49 mm forks go you can use either a 10w or 15w oil. It depends on how you like to ride. For aggressive ridding go with the 15w, for increased control and comfort use the 10w. The 39mm and 41 mm use 5w oil.

I can talk the product up until I'm blue in the mouth but as they say "The proof is in the pudding", so I'm offering a 20% discount on the any Intiminators ordered before the 5th of next month. Use coupon code HDFORUMS on the check out page. I can't discount the oil just the Intiminators.

I only have a few of the 39mm's left, the guys from the xlforums bought almost everything I had. I will have more in a few weeks.

All I ask is that if you take advantage of my offer that you post an honest opinion of what you think about the product.

Please post any questions you might have.

Thanks,

Brian

www.ricorshocks.com Under v-twin

Old 02-18-2009, 04:35 PM
madden23
Road Master

Thanks Brian, I plan on ordering one today, I'm glad I asked about a group discount!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:35 PM
madden23
Road Master

I placed order, 1 HR later I get shipping confirmation and tracking number, fast service! I'll install them this week-end and give you guys an unbiased report.

Quick Reply: New 49mm fork modification