Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Radius Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 04:23 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Radius Install

Just Installed the big radius, Took a little over 2.5 hours. Have the PCIII coming monday. Man are they way louder than stock. I didnt think they would be that loud. They look great though. I have an 06' Super G. Now I actually have a list of mods to write down.

I have 3" Risers w/ drag bars
V&H Big Radius Exhaust
PCIII

Old 04-21-2006, 06:19 PM
rickshog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Big Radius Install

Hey... just got my big radius on wed. WOW are they beutiful right... That was the easy part.. That PCIII while it works really good is a big pain in the *** to install... Dont get me wrong, easy to set up on the computer and all that but getting it in the bike is tough. Jamming it in there with all the wires can challenge anyones patience. But it runs great. So enjoy lightin the town up. I know I did!
Rick

Old 04-21-2006, 06:24 PM
mcurry5
Road Captain

yeah they do look awesome, I just wish I had the PCIII here now. Its not coming until Monday. I guess one weekend of riding without it wont hurt the bike I hope. I didnt install the A/C yet though.

Old 04-21-2006, 06:40 PM
SDMF
Road Warrior

How about some pic's??? I'm waiting on V&H to come out with the Big Shot Longs with the O2 sensors.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:57 PM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey,......your gonna have to at least share some pics, since thats the same setup I plan on putting on my SuperG when it gets here.

John

Old 04-21-2006, 08:24 PM
rickshog
Tourer

been stuck at work for a couple days... Maybe have some real good pics by sunday or monday
rick

Old 04-22-2006, 12:26 AM
mcurry5
Road Captain

I will post some pics of the pipes and the new bars with 3" risers

Old 04-22-2006, 02:29 AM
HDMC
Novice

I have an 06 SuperG. I will probably lose some credability, here, but I just crashed it...long story. Broke my clutch wrist, spained my right ankle. 22 years of riding has tought me one thing. Anything you can walk away from is a blessing. 4 more weeks till I ride again.

One of my students works at the local dealership PDI'ing bikes. When they got an order to put a set of Big Radius pipes on an 06 Dyna, he gave me a call to see the results. I got an eyefull, and an earfull.

1st: They are louder than the stock pipes, but they're not obnoxious. I agree with Warrior. I am surrounded by elderly couples, and the other homes in my neighborhood are owned by folks with kids. I have two young children. Why **** everyone off? So far, everyone has given me the thumbs-up, and mouthed "be careful" (advice I should have paid more attention to).

2nd: The mechanic (Master Mechanic) at the dealership informed me that the PC III is not needed (unless you are trying to get that G-force machine look on your face while accelerating). The beauty of O2 sensors is just that...they help rather than hinder. Of course, a remap download is needed, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the PC.

So I spoke to my Brother (who is an Auto/Motorcycle mechanic). He tells me the PC is designed for Carb bikes, where tweaking is an art rather than a science. His stance: PC III is great when you're 18, but over-kill when you're 39. If you read the first sentence, you realize that I don't need the overkill.

The Service manager at my dealership informs me I will gain 6-10 hp using the BR pipes and the Screaming Eagle intake kit (better flowing exhaust requires better flowing intake). I won a dyno test at the most recent service clinic. I'll be using it to get a better feeling for where I am once the pipes are installed. I plan on going for fuel efficiency, rather than raw horses.

The good news: The BR Pipes are actually a bit less expensive than replacing the stock exhaust (yes, it went down on the right side), so the insurance company didn't balk at the mod.

As I told my colleagues at work:

1 Harley Davidson Motorcycle: $14,000
1 Tank of Gas $12.00 (obviously prior to the most recent prices)
Getting out of Prom Duty after deductables: $3,300.00
Knowing that everyone you know will never let you live it down: Priceless

The moral: Keep the shiney side up. Get pipes that make you happy, but try not to **** off those who give you the thumbs-up as you ride by. Try not to buy into technology that really doesn't do you much good.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:59 AM
mcurry5
Road Captain

sorry about your fall man, Hope you heal fast so you can get back out there with the resat of the gang.
Yeah I hear ya abou the Big Radius. I think they are some of the best looking pipes going right now. Maybe I just think they are loud because of hearing the stock pipes. But man they do sound good. It makes you wanna ride the bike even more with em on. Somehow the stock pipes make it seem like its not quite a Harley. But it sure the hell is now baby. Heres to good health and a fun and safe riding season.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:20 AM
rickshog
Tourer

yea man.. sorry to hear about it... Stuck inside today cuza the weather but its a good time to get the tank lift in soo... See ya
Rick

Quick Reply: Big Radius Install