Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

luggage help needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 04:52 PM
burger
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default luggage help needed!!!

what is the best way of carrying my gear? i am planning a trip in june from uk down to spain, about 2000mile round trip. i already have sissy bar and luggage rack on my fat bob, was hoping to get bag big enough to go on there, but dont know if i would be better going for saddle bags. was trying to keep cost down and not go for geniune bags. will not be taking pillion so have back seat for luggage to. i will be gratefull on any help on this thanks........

Old 02-12-2009, 05:41 PM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by burger
what is the best way of carrying my gear? i am planning a trip in june from uk down to spain, about 2000mile round trip. i already have sissy bar and luggage rack on my fat bob, was hoping to get bag big enough to go on there, but dont know if i would be better going for saddle bags. was trying to keep cost down and not go for geniune bags. will not be taking pillion so have back seat for luggage to. i will be gratefull on any help on this thanks........
I have saddle bags on both my bikes. Iuse them forgeneral storage, rain gear stuff like that. I bought Kuryakyn Tltra tour bag for longer trips and it works well. Can rest on the pillion for a backrest or on the rack. Check out motor cycle luggage on Ebay lots of great stuff.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:07 PM
rayfinseats
Road Captain

You can pack a bunch of stuff in saddle bags and a T-bag.

http://www.leatherunltd.com/finished/trave/trave.html

Old 02-12-2009, 06:24 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure to protect belt guard and rear brake caliper from constant rubbing with saddlebags. Have a great trip to Espana.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:32 PM
wiscdyna
Advanced
Default Might want to check Jackyl's product...

it's a small platform that attaches to sideplates. Sorry, I don't have a link, but someone here might help out with that.

It looks like you could put a LARGE bag on this carrier...looks very stable. I've thought of getting one, and possibly even using that in combination with a bag on a Motherwell rack. I already have the rack. I'd think that setup would handle a lot of gear, and wouldn't be very expensive at all.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:37 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Throw over saddle bags:

T-bag on back rest:

Old 02-12-2009, 10:48 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Check out the Nelson Rigg SVT600 tour and roll pack. Totally waterproof and looks like it'll hold a lot. I'll be ordering one for my trip to the Dragon this spring.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you seen ewan mcgregor and charley boorman's long way round, or the other l w down? Man they carry alot of stuff on those 1200'sif you are going to get throw over sad-bags get the ones with a pad on the back so as they don't rub your paint away. Happy trails man!

Old 02-12-2009, 11:36 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the sissy bar T bag that is big with the roll on top and i went on 5day trip fit everything i needed in there. If your not going to take a passanger and you have a luggage rack shoot go cheap all you need it two big duffle bags one strapped on the sissybar and luggage rack with a cargo net and one right behind you that is stuffed fulll and you can use it as a back rest.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 AM
german ladyrider
Received 142 Likes on 108 Posts

I always use these backs and have them in different sizes. They are waterproofed and cheap and you can pack a lot of stuff in it.....

http://www.louis.de/_402231c6d6ad738...nr_gr=10024015

Quick Reply: luggage help needed!!!