Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight dilema

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 10:19 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Like a couple of other folks, I installed a headlight for a Fatboy on mine, and plugged in a Sylvania/Osram UltraSilverStar.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:22 AM
benwiggin2
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could go with something like this....it's pretty bright.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:06 AM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very unusual headlight ratt196635!!! Great looking on your bike. Wondering if you've get stopped by the police for having this non traditional headlight?
Reason I asked is I own a 1936 Ford Roadster Coup which we take out for a ride from time to time. It is equiped with a "drivers side only" windshield wiper, which was standard equipment on that model. I would get pulled over by the cops every time we went out. They were determined I was breaking some statute by not having 2 operating wipers and looked long and hard to be able to issue me a citation. They couldn't find anything statute or law requiring vehicles to have 2. to be street legal but they sure did look hard enough. It got to the point we didnt want to take her out. So I was wondering if you experience any hassles from the cops.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:17 AM
ratt196635
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LWOS
Very unusual headlight ratt196635!!! Great looking on your bike. Wondering if you've get stopped by the police for having this non traditional headlight?
Reason I asked is I own a 1936 Ford Roadster Coup which we take out for a ride from time to time. It is equiped with a "drivers side only" windshield wiper, which was standard equipment on that model. I would get pulled over by the cops every time we went out. They were determined I was breaking some statute by not having 2 operating wipers and looked long and hard to be able to issue me a citation. They couldn't find anything statute or law requiring vehicles to have 2. to be street legal but they sure did look hard enough. It got to the point we didnt want to take her out. So I was wondering if you experience any hassles from the cops.
Have only been able to ride it once since i installed it so have not had any problems yet. Ihave the bike apert to do some more mods. But its possible it could happen.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LWOS
must be boring being a cop nowadays considering there just ain't no real criminals out there. Thank goodness they are keeping me and my family safe by making sure all the bad guys have wiper blades.