Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motherwell's Solo Luggage Rack

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009 | 12:09 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

My motherwell doesn't wobble at all. Like sniper said tighten the bolts. You really have to put some weight on it to make it move. I had my roll bag on there and my work laptop strapped to the top of it and I have a 32 mile one way and did fine. That was the first test with any weight. I don't know what the deal is with the mounting trick with a zip tie. I just got another female attachment that you screw your solo seat into and installed into the rear section where you put the screw for a 2up seat and got an extra screw and screwed it in. Nothing special. I got more pics in my album, but heres a close up.

Here's the foam pads. As you can tell my bike is black and no scratches or dents from this rack.

Last edited by JaronB; 02-10-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-10-2009 | 07:43 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by JaronB
My motherwell doesn't wobble at all. Like sniper said tighten the bolts. You really have to put some weight on it to make it move. I had my roll bag on there and my work laptop strapped to the top of it and I have a 32 mile one way and did fine. That was the first test with any weight. I don't know what the deal is with the mounting trick with a zip tie. I just got another female attachment that you screw your solo seat into and installed into the rear section where you put the screw for a 2up seat and got an extra screw and screwed it in. Nothing special. I got more pics in my album, but heres a close up.

Here's the foam pads. As you can tell my bike is black and no scratches or dents from this rack.

I am going to get this item: 7" CHROME SOLO LUGGAGE RACK DYNA 06-UP. Does it come with the rubber pads? Some guy selling one on Ebay tells me that it does not which sounds wrong..

Old 02-10-2009 | 08:10 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

I am going to get this item: 7" CHROME SOLO LUGGAGE RACK DYNA 06-UP. Does it come with the rubber pads? Some guy selling one on Ebay tells me that it does not for this particular model, which sounds wrong..

Old 02-10-2009 | 12:49 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member

It doesn't come with anything except the adhesive-backed rubber under the rear connecting point.

Here's the fender bib but I don't have a pic of the luggage rack on it that I find. It protects the fender from any scratches form the bungee cord hooks as well so it is well worth the $25.

Attached Thumbnails Motherwell's Solo Luggage Rack-pict0001.jpg  
Old 02-10-2009 | 01:04 PM
compgeek789
Tourer

Jaron,

The zip-tie thing I was referring to is an easy method to install the 2nd female fender nut. Not for mounting the motherwell. Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I think the H-D fender nut "kit" comes with a zip-tie for the install, if I remember correctly. It's been a while...

Perch,
My attitude stick is also the CycleVisions 18" stick. Like DeathProof, I had a fantastic experience purchasing from them. You can buy the stick from other distributors for a few bucks less, but you'll actually save money if you buy from CycleVisions directly. If you ask nice, they'll powder coat it whatever color you want for free Good luck getting that kind of service from J & P cycles, etc. Also, be sure to ask about the fittment with your Easy Brackets. I don't know if it will fit, but I'm sure those guys can tell you. They were super helpful and seemed very knowledgeable. Give them a call and I'm sure you'll get the help you need.

Cheers,
J

Old 02-10-2009 | 04:49 PM
jblank37
Road Captain

I ordered mine this morning. They are out of the back mounting screw I am going to pick up one from the dealer.

Old 02-10-2009 | 09:35 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by compgeek789
Jaron,

The zip-tie thing I was referring to is an easy method to install the 2nd female fender nut. Not for mounting the motherwell. Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I think the H-D fender nut "kit" comes with a zip-tie for the install, if I remember correctly. It's been a while...
That sucks because mine came with a c-clip so I can take it off when I want too! That was from Harley also!

Old 02-10-2009 | 10:57 PM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

[QUOTE=sniper77;4530178]It doesn't come with anything except the adhesive-backed rubber under the rear connecting point.

Here's the fender bib but I don't have a pic of the luggage rack on it that I find. It protects the fender from any scratches form the bungee cord hooks as well so it is well worth the $25.

Did yoh use any specific mounting bolt? I was going to get the black ones from motherwell. The reason i ask is because i imagine that the fender bib adds thickness and was just concernec that i would not have enough thread left to tighten securely once i attached the rack over the bib and rubber pads.

Old 02-11-2009 | 11:33 AM
DeathProof72
|
Road Master

Will this work with the rack when used in conjunction with the bib? Or will it be too short? (it's the HD made bolt)

Old 02-11-2009 | 11:48 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

My Motherwell has never rubbed the fender under load or wobbled around... However, I did scratch my fender with a bungee cord because there wasn't alot of room (gap betwenn the rack and fender) to play with when strapping down my mini-tour bag.

Quick Reply: Motherwell's Solo Luggage Rack