Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chromed FXD mags

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Those look great...just make sure you chase the bolt holes with an old bolt or tap and clean them before you install them. I was going to have mine done but found my roadwinders on ebay.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:49 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are awesome, FXD wheels are pretty stock, but... that...looks like a dream come true. Thanks for posting that!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:34 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Greg, those are going to look sooooooo sweet on your bike. I know you've posted it already, but I'm drawing a blank...are those the stock SG wheels chromed?

Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Jake they are, probably my take offs. I sold them on ebay to Chrome Pros. They are sweet for sure.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:01 PM
JerseyDevil
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn I was hoping to see them on the bike! Those are gonna look so sweet, what a difference compared to the stock mags.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:13 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Seems like the incremental cost to chrome is quite a bit higher than powdercoat ... but the MoCo pricing scheme has them pretty close in price. I guess maybe they're getting a higher profit margin on 'dark custom' black parts.

I've seen the powdercoat chrome ... I think Joe Knapp posted a photo of a battery box he had coated with it. For the difference in price, it seems like it might be more economical to powdercoat with 'chrome' and have approximately the same thing for less cash ...

Any thoughts ... other than why couldn't I have posted this idea before you dropped $550?? [J/K]

R/
Priest

BTW ... that is a very nice lookin' set of wheels you got there bro!

Old 02-10-2009, 05:15 AM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Priest
Seems like the incremental cost to chrome is quite a bit higher than powdercoat ... but the MoCo pricing scheme has them pretty close in price. I guess maybe they're getting a higher profit margin on 'dark custom' black parts.

I've seen the powdercoat chrome ... I think Joe Knapp posted a photo of a battery box he had coated with it. For the difference in price, it seems like it might be more economical to powdercoat with 'chrome' and have approximately the same thing for less cash ...

Any thoughts ... other than why couldn't I have posted this idea before you dropped $550?? [J/K]

R/
Priest

BTW ... that is a very nice lookin' set of wheels you got there bro!

The chrome powder coat I've seen didn't look all that close to show chrome (but I did like the way it looked). It actually looked more like my polished covers to me. Maybe what I saw a substandard job, but I seriously doubt that powder would come out much like the wheels pictured.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:12 AM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

cant wait to see them on the bike. very cool. did you get to use the rotor i sent you?

Old 02-10-2009, 08:11 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dpriest
cant wait to see them on the bike. very cool. did you get to use the rotor i sent you?

I can't wait to see them on the bike either. The waiting is killing me and temps in the mid-70's here today and tomorrow, would be perfect for a ride over and back to get the work done. I'm sure by the time the wheels are done, it will be back in the 20's and snowing.

I did get the rotor and I sent it off, through my indy, to get polished. I'm just going to have to bite the bullet on the rear one and buy a new polished one since I can't send it off and have it done in advance.

I will definitely be posting pix when it gets done.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:39 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

those are going to look great!!! chrome fork lowers will be a welcome addition too.

Quick Reply: Chromed FXD mags