Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H.D. 10 Row Oil Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009 | 11:41 AM
Graduate
Cruiser

Getting back to the original thread I think you got a great deal and I want one for myself. I think an oil cooler is a good modification and will pay you back in the long run. Does it have a thermostat built in?

Old 02-08-2009 | 11:45 AM
WS6 Formula
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by mtnlvr
Oh...the way I read, it sounded as if the motor was pre-loading the mount. But those last posts clarify that it's the opposite.

Is this "relaxing" of the mount done with both wheels on the ground then?
Yes but, ideally you probably would want the bike upright with rider weight, considering that the rear mount is tied into the rear suspension.

Old 02-08-2009 | 11:54 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior

Thank you WS6, great informative post with fantastic photos. Thanks for taking the time to share the info. Now gotta go look at my clutch cable going by my oil cooler.

Old 02-08-2009 | 11:58 AM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior

Thanks for the sidetrack clarifications...and sorry for diverting the thread.

So the oil cooler...looks great, nice clean install. Great Job and great pics!

Along with Graduate's thermostat question, how are the oil changes? It looks like the oil filter is a bit sheltered. Does that make it difficult to remove the filter without creating a mess? And do you flush the cooler at every oil change as well?

Old 02-08-2009 | 12:04 PM
WS6 Formula
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Graduate
Getting back to the original thread I think you got a great deal and I want one for myself. I think an oil cooler is a good modification and will pay you back in the long run. Does it have a thermostat built in?
Yes......

Old 02-08-2009 | 12:17 PM
WS6 Formula
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by mtnlvr
Thanks for the sidetrack clarifications...and sorry for diverting the thread.

So the oil cooler...looks great, nice clean install. Great Job and great pics!

Along with Graduate's thermostat question, how are the oil changes? It looks like the oil filter is a bit sheltered. Does that make it difficult to remove the filter without creating a mess? And do you flush the cooler at every oil change as well?
Yes , it has a thermostat. I haven't done a oil change yet, the only difference around the oil filter is the two oil lines running by it, I don't think that is going to cause any problems. There is still enough room to slip a Coke bottle in there, or just punch a hole in the end of the filter to drain before removing. As far as flushing the oil cooler, they dropped the ball on the design, they should have designed in a drain plug. Maybe they didn't bother because the capacity of the cooler set up isn't enough to be a concern.

Last edited by WS6 Formula; 02-08-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Added photos
Old 02-08-2009 | 12:57 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

hey WS6 where did you find the chrome cover? I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find it.

Old 02-08-2009 | 02:15 PM
quigley
Tourer

Now that you got the cooler this makes it cool the oil even better.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Old 02-08-2009 | 10:08 PM
WS6 Formula
|
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by thedonthere
hey WS6 where did you find the chrome cover? I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find it.
I don't have one, found the photo some where online. I have been photo shopping different ideas. I photo shopped the chrome cover on, and thought it drew to much attention to the cooler. Here's another photo shop below with the tops of the regulator fins shaved and a couple of pinstripes on the cooler .

Last edited by WS6 Formula; 02-13-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2009 | 09:57 PM
HSB
Road Master

Great write up I just picked up the same oil cooler kit from the same Ebay seller yesterday for $170 shipped...
I see he now has them listed for $199 with a $225 BIN http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HD-HA...QQcmdZViewItem
Still a good deal if your looking for one.
Thanks again for the great tips on the motor mount and clutch cable...

Quick Reply: H.D. 10 Row Oil Cooler