Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather.............

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 06:54 PM
armybrat02
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I put it on my bike with the exhaust and pcIII i noticed more power over stock. Dont know about how much more air it lets flow in over stage I, but I like the look. I am 6'3" -6'4" and its not that bad for my leg just changes the foot position a little but does not feel like its forcing my leg off the pegs. If or when you get it I dont think you will be upset about putting it on. Next will be a good cam and then 103"

Brat

Old 02-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm curious what a replacement filter for this thing costs?

Old 02-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Bobber Jay
Tourer

About $70
I would love somebody to put some links up to a site that sells one to fit an 07.
All sites i have looked at say 08's and up only.......

-=BJ=-

Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Bobber Jay
About $70
I would love somebody to put some links up to a site that sells one to fit an 07.
All sites i have looked at say 08's and up only.......

-=BJ=-
Unless they changed the throttle body in 08, I would think this would fit an 07 too.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:19 PM
txtec
Banned

s.e cataloge says part#29098-09 fits everything from 99 up except 08 touring. race applications only.do you race??

Old 02-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Bobber Jay
Tourer

Screamin' EagleŽ Street Legal "Heavy Breather" Performance Air Cleaner Kit
29098-09

This high-flow forward facing exposed element Air Cleaner Kit is sure to turn heads at the starting line. Featuring a polished and chrome-plated elbow, this unique Air Cleaner system offers improved performance and air flow when compared to the stock or Screamin' EagleŽ High Flow air cleaner. The washable and re-chargeable filter features a bright chrome end cap with a laser-engraved Screamin' EagleŽ logo. Intake tube and back plate are made from die cast lightweight aluminum, and are polished and chrome-plated or painted black for a brilliant finish. The back plate features integral breathers and sealed breather bolt plug. Kit includes a water-repellent rain sock and all mounting hardware. All EFI-equipped models require ECM calibration (priced separately).

Gloss Black

Fits street legal on model year '08 DynaŽ and SoftailŽ models (OE throttle body). Race use applications fits '99-'07 DynaŽ, SoftailŽ and Touring models. Does not fit models equipped with fairing lower glove boxes.

What does it mean by Race Use i wonder ???????

-=BJ=-

$299.99

Old 02-08-2009, 09:25 PM
txtec
Banned
Cool

29098-09

This high-flow forward facing exposed element Air Cleaner Kit is sure to turn heads at the starting line. Featuring a polished and chrome-plated elbow, this unique Air Cleaner system offers improved performance and air flow when compared to the stock or Screamin' EagleŽ High Flow air cleaner. The washable and re-chargeable filter features a bright chrome end cap with a laser-engraved Screamin' EagleŽ logo. Intake tube and back plate are made from die cast lightweight aluminum, and are polished and chrome-plated or painted black for a brilliant finish. The back plate features integral breathers and sealed breather bolt plug. Kit includes a water-repellent rain sock and all mounting hardware. All EFI-equipped models require ECM calibration (priced separately).

Gloss Black

Fits street legal on model year '08 DynaŽ and SoftailŽ models (OE throttle body). Race use applications fits '99-'07 DynaŽ, SoftailŽ and Touring models. Does not fit models equipped with fairing lower glove boxes.

-=BJ=-

$299.99
i"ve got one on my 06 fxd,i only race it when theres no cops around.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:29 PM
EVO80
Road Captain

29098-09

In general it means here in the USA any change in the air intake or exhaust on a motor vehicle is illegal based on the current EPA regulations and HD doesn't want to be sued by someone who gets a ticket/fine for putting the air cleaner on their bike - they clearly state it is not for street use. They also cover their own butt with the EPA by saying they are not selling these items to the general public but to people racing. I would suspect, in this case, it has something to do with the calibration of the ECM or carbs that puts it out of the "street legal" catagory.

Last edited by EVO80; 02-08-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

That's Harley's CYA language.

Anything having to do with the EFI has to be tested and pass EPA emission standards. What they are saying is that they have tested this AC for 08 and 09 models. And while it will fit 99-07, they can't sell it for "street use" on those models because it has not been EPA tested. So if you buy this for your 99-07 model, it's for "race use" only. *wink* *wink* *nod * nod*

Old 02-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Bobber Jay
Tourer

haha thanks guys.
The moco must spread the same BS to the people working on the parts counters over here in the Uk aswell then , they wouldn't sell me one as my bike was an 07 , said it would only fit an 08.
Gonna place my order now
thanks for the info.

-=BJ=-

Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather.............