Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tell Me I Did The Right Thing w My Pipes!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I've ridden w/drag pipes most of my life never had headaches from it. Wind noise bother me more. Long rides I wear earplugs. I like loud pipes, some don't. You may loose some torque but you can both sound and torque by installing torque cones.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

your dealer is an idiot! have them put in some BCT baffels you will love the sound adn your bike will no be a DOG on the road... those short shots are really short anyway and really do nto give a Vtwin enough back pressure as it is... without a power chamber as VH uses in alot of their pipes they are not apt to help make power... getting rid of hte little pressure that they do have by pulling the baffels is not a good idea... you will be the king of all show and no go if you do

Old 02-07-2009, 11:27 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use baffles! Running without baffles makes no sense. Are you willing to lose power for sound? I don't understand why people buy pipes only to take the baffles out. Kinda defeats the purpose. The whole idea is to gain performance right? I agree with joe,add some bct baffles and make them louder and still maintain proper back pressure.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:44 AM
manofsteele2003
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I have the quiet baffles and mine are still pretty loud. Have the dealer at least put the stock baffles in.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:44 AM
bluechiphank
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrentsterS
New here. I am getting an 09 SB and had some V&H shortshots staggered in black installed. The dealer told me I would have a better sound without the baffles, so that's what I went with. Hope I am not giving up sound or too much performance. Thanks, Brent-
i have short shots staggered and there is no way in hell you wont get a ticket without baffles i think they they are too loud with the baffles they come with!!!!!!! henry hope i can help

Attached Thumbnails Tell Me I Did The Right Thing w My Pipes!-100_2477.jpg  
Old 02-07-2009, 11:50 AM
bigVtwin88
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

do some reading and educate yourself about backpressure, cylinder scavenging, air/fuel ratio and those types of things. If ur dealer thinks no baffles mean better performance they'll probably wanna re-jet the fuel injection too.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:52 AM
BrentsterS
Tourer
Thumbs down

Well guys, wish I had posed the question earlier. How difficult is it to install the quiet or BCT baffles myself? Thanks, Brent-

Old 02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by BrentsterS
Well guys, wish I had posed the question earlier. How difficult is it to install the quiet or BCT baffles myself? Thanks, Brent-
Not difficult at all. Just put the stock baffles that came with the pipes back in. If your dealer kept them...go get them back.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:05 PM
kenfm2000
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JRK5892
your dealer is an idiot! have them put in some BCT baffels you will love the sound adn your bike will no be a DOG on the road... those short shots are really short anyway and really do nto give a Vtwin enough back pressure as it is... without a power chamber as VH uses in alot of their pipes they are not apt to help make power... getting rid of hte little pressure that they do have by pulling the baffels is not a good idea... you will be the king of all show and no go if you do
+1

I have to say, I applaud you on the well thought out response. And no I am not being sarcastic I am very sincere. Some others just like to say the dealer is an idiot without explanation. I guess I just feel when someone makes a comment without explanation it is just counter productive. Not everyone here is an expert or even close and they do want valid details about the responses.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Put the baffles in, its crazy to run without them.

Quick Reply: Tell Me I Did The Right Thing w My Pipes!