Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FatBob tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default FatBob tires

Hey guys 'n gals!

I knew it may be a problem finding replacement tires for the fatbob the day I bought it , and now my question is - does anyone know where I can get good tires at a great price for my ride? It has 10000 miles the rear tire treads are kind of flat in the middle where it used to be round, and the tek guy at harley says my front tire is done because I forgot to check tire pressure and the tire is now off round in several places causing the bike to want to wobble at high speeds. So I need new tires and I would rather not get dunlop from HD as I find them over-priced.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:30 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Guess I'm on my own on this one ....well it's ok thanks just the same!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:16 PM
rexel
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Metzler has them for the stock replacement size
ME880 180/70-16 for around $187 and
ME880 130/90H-16 for around $112
What's the replacement cost from HD?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Dutch110
Tourer

Can you change them out yourself? Just remember, alot of dealers will rape you on a tire change for tires you didn't buy from them. Ends up making a good deal not so good. Ask your dealer how much they are going to charge you to swap out tires you bring in.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 PM
GT_RoadGlide
Road Master

If you bring the rims to the dealer the labor charge should be 1 hour or less for both tires.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:54 PM
mebe007
Cruiser

local shops here arent too bad. 20 to mount and balance 1 tire if you bring it to them and an additional 40 if they have to take the wheel off the bike for you. i always pulled the wheels off my r1 when i needed new tires. they dyna has new tires so i dont have to figure out how to get the wheel off just yet

Old 02-05-2009, 04:23 AM
ozsportster
Advanced
Default Avon cobra on fat bob

G'day Maddghost.
I've put the new Avon Cobra in the FXDF standard size on the rear of my Fat Bob and LURVE IT. I know people talk about not matching Radials with Bias but this Cobra on the rear and the stock on the front is woking well for me. No wobbles when you hit the snakes on the highway or join lines in the asphalt. Real good.
I'm in Australia (where it's 100Fdeg 2morrow, Ha) so I can't advise on prices. You bikers in the states would be blown away with how much we pay for our bikes, parts and accessories, so enjoy the best. It's cheap by our standards.

BTW it looks like a 200 rear would fit with maybe a problem with the belt and belt guard. The stock 180 looks good and feels very confident when pushed hard. So I'm happy with it. At this stage Avon don't make a Cobra radial in the stock front size for the Fat.

Hope this helps mate.

Attached Thumbnails FatBob tires-100_0046.jpg   FatBob tires-100_0041.jpg  
Old 02-05-2009, 12:08 PM
bax467
Cruiser

Originally Posted by maddghost
Hey guys 'n gals!

I knew it may be a problem finding replacement tires for the fatbob the day I bought it , and now my question is - does anyone know where I can get good tires at a great price for my ride? It has 10000 miles the rear tire treads are kind of flat in the middle where it used to be round, and the tek guy at harley says my front tire is done because I forgot to check tire pressure and the tire is now off round in several places causing the bike to want to wobble at high speeds. So I need new tires and I would rather not get dunlop from HD as I find them over-priced.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
soooooooooo, what is your dealer gonna charge ya for the tires? i'm thinkin about just taking my wheels of and bringing them to the dealer. i can't imagine a better tire for this machine

Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Dutch110
Tourer

Originally Posted by GT_RoadGlide
If you bring the rims to the dealer the labor charge should be 1 hour or less for both tires.
Agreed, but some of them don't (at least around here.) Had a buddy do a ride in tire swap at a local dealer (he brought the tires in) and they charged him $280 to swap them out. I wish I was kidding.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:58 PM
doxbike
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

local sportbike shop will change & balance tires for $15 each if you bring the wheels to them-they won't touch a Harley any other way.

Quick Reply: FatBob tires