Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Survived Heart Surgery and got me a Harley!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:33 PM
HuskerPower
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
Hey all. This is my first post. To make a long story short I'm 49 years old and had to have a heart valve repaired. While laying there recovering I decided life is to short and I need to do the things in life that I have always wanted to do. First was to own a Harley so I went and got a great deal during the last week of the year. I got her for MSRP and got $2000 in free accessories from my local dealer here in central missouri. I got a new 2-up seat coming along with a bunch of other stuff. I've only got her out twice now and cant wait to do it again. I put rush slip on's on her and she sounds great, but a new exhaust is in her future. Man do people look at you at the stop lights!! I'll be posting more pictures when I get all my parts. I have really learned alot from you guys while laying low and reading everything I could, Thanks!!
thats great man, great way to look at things! congrats... (well as long as your not a Mizzou fan)..haha go huskers!

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:39 PM
midlife rider
Tourer

Congrats on both counts! Enjoy the new ride, and post some pics after the mods. Ride safe!

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:45 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor

Congratz from us too. We had a similar experience, and Larry and I decided that it's time to start making some nice memories. We both ride and enjoy every minute of it.

Good luck to you!

Isabel - Capt. Itch's Pirate Bitch

Old 02-03-2009 | 12:45 PM
OldRide
Intermediate

Congrats, brother. Take it slow.

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:03 PM
sonetpro
Cruiser

Congrats on the new bike and the recovery. It happened to me too. Not the heart problems but the always wanted a Harley.
Last summer the kid's came over for my 50th Bday. The next day my son came over and told me I was going to be a grandpa. The next day I went and looked at Harleys.
I didn't tell the OL but just showed up with one. She didn't talk to me for 4 days. I have ridden ever since I could throw a leg over one but my wife made me sell my bikes about 10 years ago after my best freind was killed on one.
4 days later she asked me for the payment book and said she understood as she hasn't seen me act as a kid in a long time. She said watching me try to polish the chrome off of the thing reminded her of when we first met and how much I loved my bikes.
Been having a blast ever since.

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:20 PM
sonic
Road Captain

Congrads, Bet ya wished you would have pulled the trigger years ago.

Old 02-03-2009 | 01:42 PM
MLWilson
Tourer

Congratulations, you have a great attitude, enjoy your new ride and making it yours with all the new mods.

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:11 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member

Congrats and enjoy your new ride...

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:24 PM
shawn e.
Road Master

Cool, enjoy the ride!

Old 02-03-2009 | 02:38 PM
Grind
Road Master

Congrats and welcome, from Wisconsin!

Quick Reply: Survived Heart Surgery and got me a Harley!