Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEII with BCT Baffles Video Clip

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 08:53 PM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SEII with BCT Baffles Video Clip

ORIGINAL: kaduku

Looks like I may have to get a DFO, SERT, or PCIII! I do get backfires once in awhile.
If I red line it from a stop and then back off the throttle I also get a backfire every now and then (not that I do that often unless I am showing off). I have been looking at maybe getting a PCIII but what is the "DFO"?

I don't think Texas has the noise police like other states but I too tend to try and quiet them down when I see the cops. I also now coast my bike down my (steep) driveway and out to the corner of my street before starting the engine up if I am leaving in the morning before my neighbors are up... don't want any complaints.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:14 PM
kaduku
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also now coast my bike down my (steep) driveway and out to the corner of my street before starting the engine up if I am leaving in the morning before my neighbors are up... don't want any complaints.
hahaha, sorry for laughing! Do you just do this in the morning? I almost never use my bike in the morning and I have also thought about bringing the bike down to corner before starting, but then realized that I put with their sh*t too, so f*#@ them!

Old 06-30-2006, 11:48 PM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I am heading out at like 5:00 AM for a Patriot Guard mission during the week... that is when I do it. Also, if I am heading out on a weekend morning around 7:00 AM or so for a long day ride.

Old 09-23-2006, 12:10 PM
RWP
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiff, now that you have had them on for some time, what do you think now? I picked up a set and will be going in to have the bob with seII and power comander redyno'ed, reason for that is first dyno was at 750 miles and tec did not want to do a full run at that time. Now at 5000 ready and there is n/charge. I do not know if I want to use them or not. Seem's to be a lot of opinions.
RWP
ORIGINAL: Whiffleboy

You can add me to the list of satisfied customers. Well, actually, I'm a satisfied customer of Wild Wally since I bought his but anyways...

Threw them in/on yesterday. Had to remove the pipes to get the old baffles out but it was not a big deal. First impressions after boosting my DFO a tad to compensate for a more open pipe:

25% louder than SEIIs at idle. 35-40% louder when you throttle.
More bottom end
More midrange/throaty sound
More crack on the high end
Maybe I was just starstruck over the difference, but, I swear I think the bike felt like it had more torque and it definitely ran a bit smoother at the low rpms.

Edit: I'll add that the pipes are loud enough now for me to feel like I need to adjust my riding when I see the Po-Po. They're picky around here.

Bottom line: Save up $129 and get you some. Well worth it.

Thanks Wally!

Whiff

Old 09-23-2006, 12:24 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they're great. I have no complaints at all. Totally satisfied.

Whiff