Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEII with BCT Baffles Video Clip

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 03:10 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SEII with BCT Baffles Video Clip

BCT sounds like a good product and this was an informative thread. I haven't posted much lately and figured I would throw my 2 cents. My comment is that when I bought my Bob I was set on getting a set of pipes that were short and did not go past the rear wheel. Since having my bike and getting used to the fact that I own a long, sleek, heavy piece of iron, I now like the look of stock Harley exhaust. I think the stock pipes, with SE's of course, keep that big cruiser look. Don't know if anybody else feels the way I do. I just think it's funny, how my tastes have changed slightly after spending time on a bike instead of just looking at them. Rumble-on!

Old 05-19-2006, 04:46 PM
hywy2hl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Angry_Monkey

Funny you should mention that I had a bitch of a time, cuz I'm a dumbass. The lower slipped out after a little pulling and some wd-40. The top I had to pull the muffler off and give it a few good wacks, I have about 800 miles on the bike when I did it. Funny part is the stealer riveted the mufflers on which you couldn't see until you pulled the shields off, so a dumbass, yours truly, spent a long while swearing and yanking on mufflers before figuring it out. I'd remove the screws and shoot wd-40 or similar around the baffle and screw holes, wait a while then yank. But i'd be prepared to pull the mufflers. I just used a pair of needle nose to pull on the inner baffle, vise grips would work also.
OMG no wonder I'm having a hard time...I bet that's what the problem is! I just ordered the BCT's they'll be here by next wed! Yeah! I'm totally excited about getting them.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:51 PM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also just placed a "rush" order for the BCT baffles and should have them by Friday. I will report back with my feelings on them but judging by the rest of the opinions in the post I am sure to love them.

Hopefully I won't have to pull the muffler off as I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. I have 571 miles right now so hopefully the bike is new enough where the stock ones will slide out with ease (I know... not likely).

// SINTAX

Old 06-20-2006, 08:54 PM
kaduku
Road Captain

Yes Sintax! Not likely! Don't be afraid to remove the mufflers. If I could do it, then you can do it. Just make sure you re-torque.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:07 PM
sintax
Tourer

ORIGINAL: kaduku

Yes Sintax! Not likely! Don't be afraid to remove the mufflers. If I could do it, then you can do it. Just make sure you re-torque.
damn it... I don't have a torque wrench. does anyone know what the proper torque settings should be for those bolts on the baffles? Would a regular wrench and some blue loctite do the trick?

Old 06-20-2006, 11:40 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Really nice.......but I can't go that loud or it's ticket city where I live.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:20 AM
sintax
Tourer

SUCCESS!

The top baffle slid out with a little elbow grease but for the bottom one I finally had to pull the muffler off and hammer the sh#t out of the baffle from the other side to get it loose. I put everything back together while I waited for the UPS truck to show up (also gave the bike a good wash with the Mr. Clean Car Wash kit to get all the finger prints off).

The new baffles went in and bolted on in about 4 minutes on the first try. And the sound... so much better! I went out on a 40 mile test ride and the difference is astounding! This upgrade has made a huge difference compared to the stock baffles in my SEII's and I don't get that jerk-jerk in the lower gears like I was before.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

You can add me to the list of satisfied customers. Well, actually, I'm a satisfied customer of Wild Wally since I bought his but anyways...

Threw them in/on yesterday. Had to remove the pipes to get the old baffles out but it was not a big deal. First impressions after boosting my DFO a tad to compensate for a more open pipe:

25% louder than SEIIs at idle. 35-40% louder when you throttle.
More bottom end
More midrange/throaty sound
More crack on the high end
Maybe I was just starstruck over the difference, but, I swear I think the bike felt like it had more torque and it definitely ran a bit smoother at the low rpms.

Edit: I'll add that the pipes are loud enough now for me to feel like I need to adjust my riding when I see the Po-Po. They're picky around here.

Bottom line: Save up $129 and get you some. Well worth it.

Thanks Wally!

Whiff

Old 06-30-2006, 02:46 PM
kaduku
Road Captain

Looks like I may have to get a DFO, SERT, or PCIII! I do get backfires once in awhile.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:17 PM
wild wally
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Whiffleboy

You can add me to the list of satisfied customers. Well, actually, I'm a satisfied customer of Wild Wally since I bought his but anyways...

Threw them in/on yesterday. Had to remove the pipes to get the old baffles out but it was not a big deal. First impressions after boosting my DFO a tad to compensate for a more open pipe:

25% louder than SEIIs at idle. 35-40% louder when you throttle.
More bottom end
More midrange/throaty sound
More crack on the high end
Maybe I was just starstruck over the difference, but, I swear I think the bike felt like it had more torque and it definitely ran a bit smoother at the low rpms.

Edit: I'll add that the pipes are loud enough now for me to feel like I need to adjust my riding when I see the Po-Po. They're picky around here.

Bottom line: Save up $129 and get you some. Well worth it.

Thanks Wally!

Whiff
Excellent! Glad you like them!!

Wally

Quick Reply: SEII with BCT Baffles Video Clip