Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

god i love the new 883 iron sportster

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 10:29 AM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default god i love the new 883 iron sportster

have you seen it?
how crazy would it be for me to trade down to get this thing? they would have to give me full value and hand me the title right there

but i just saw it last night and fell in love
is it a passing fancy or do i really want this thing? what do you think?

if i did it and they went along with it my dyna payments would be over

i don/t know what to do

anyways check it out

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...#/model/xl883n

Old 01-30-2009, 10:36 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freebyrd
have you seen it?
how crazy would it be for me to trade down to get this thing? they would have to give me full value and hand me the title right there

but i just saw it last night and fell in love
is it a passing fancy or do i really want this thing? what do you think?

if i did it and they went along with it my dyna payments would be over

i don/t know what to do

anyways check it out

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...#/model/xl883n
LOL - I think the same thing! I just traded my 883XLC for this Street Bob. But I saw one of those Iron's and thougt sure was classic and cool looking.

Depends on what you want. I think it's probably more of a cruise around town, look cool kind of a bike. Get a lot of looks, I'm sure, and looks like you can have a lot of fun customing out. I do a lot of 2up riding and long distance, so it was not the best fit for me.

I think most Street Bob owners would love the look of this bike.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:42 AM
octane
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning the bast of both worlds type deal. I just bought the wife an 06 883R. I plan on stripping everything down and powercoating the sliders, trees, struts, hand and foot controls. The 883r already has the blacked out motor. I ordered the fork gaiters, black progressive 412's and progressive drop-in front springs, and reach solo seat. Right now I am debating keeping the tins orange or going for the flat black paint. It will stay orange at least until next winter since it hasn't even been delivered yet. I just set up ceramic coating the SE pipes for $300 to black them out. Can't wait to get started on the rest. The wife is going to $hit herself when her brand new bike is torn down the first week. She will be really upset when she comes home to find my SG in the garage and her 883 missing some days.

Attached Thumbnails god i love the new 883 iron sportster-xl883r.jpg  
Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Great looking bike, I would not go from a big twin to an 883 though.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:04 AM
manofsteele2003
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I saw it and if it were me I would spend the extra two grand and get the Nightster. It's got the bigger motor and better wheels, IMO. I think it would be a bad *** bike for someone starting out.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:20 AM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw it and if it were me I would spend the extra two grand and get the Nightster. It's got the bigger motor and better wheels, IMO. I think it would be a bad *** bike for someone starting out.
well i'm not starting out been riding for a lot of years i went from an 01 1200 custom sporty to my 07 street bob

and going from nearly a fifteen hundred cc engine to an eight eighty three would be quite a change
but harley did finally get smart a did a rubber mount on the sporsters so it should provide a much smoother ride than my old 01

i don't know how harley feels about trading down they want someone like me with an 07 streetbob to walk in there and trade up to a brand new streetglide or something

if it were only a perfect world i could just own them both

decisions decisions ..........

Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freebyrd
well i'm not starting out been riding for a lot of years i went from an 01 1200 custom sporty to my 07 street bob

and going from nearly a fifteen hundred cc engine to an eight eighty three would be quite a change
but harley did finally get smart a did a rubber mount on the sporsters so it should provide a much smoother ride than my old 01

i don't know how harley feels about trading down they want someone like me with an 07 streetbob to walk in there and trade up to a brand new streetglide or something

if it were only a perfect world i could just own them both

decisions decisions ..........
I can tell you my 05 rubber mounted 883XLC ran very smooth compared to my friend's wifes 03.

But still no where near as nice of a ride as my 09 Street Bob.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
lowrider966
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the bike alot, just saw it today. But it looks like an 883 Nightster. If it were me I'd get the nightster instead.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:58 AM
firefighter3666
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With that new trade up policy, you could always trade down to the 883 Iron, and take comfort with the idea that you could trade back up within a year at no loss.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:05 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Look, I love it a LOT as well, but man, your going to hate yourself for trading it for a much smaller ride. I mean, it would be AWESOME for cruising around town, but man, when you get on the highway, your really going to miss that new 6 speed tranny. I had a 900 kawasaki that I traded in for my streetbob, and I just hated highway riding. Lotta vibrations due to higher RPM's.. I know you can't compare a metric to a harley, but whatever. I say keep what you have, if you can afford it.. if you don't have to make any payments, and would be better off with the Iron, then I say GO FOR IT! It really is a cool bike, and I have most certainly fell in love with it. I will be buying one next year, depending on how finances look around that time. Good luck man!

Quick Reply: god i love the new 883 iron sportster