Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O6 Exhaust Question TFI or Download

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: O6 Exhaust Question TFI or Download

No codes or anything. There are a couple of questions I've posted on the Dobeck forum, but, they're not too quick with their responses, if they respond at all. It's definitely better than it was, that's for sure. However, I'm sure it could be dialed in even more. If I could get the bike in First Mode to feel like it does in Mode Two, I'd be very, very happy.

Whiff

Old 04-22-2006, 10:01 PM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whats your green mode settings Whif? The best I could hope for when I ran the TFI was to eliminate that annoying 2000 lean spot. On top of the stage one download, it worked out to be 1.5 on the green mode for my bike. I did like what the yellow mode did for acceleration, I'm simulating that effect with the acceleration enrichment setting on the SERT.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

I'm actually sitting at 3.5 for Mode One. However, the instructions allude to the fact that First Mode is non-adjustable, but, then later on, it says you can. The lights definitely move, but, I don't know if it's doing anything. So, I'm a little confused on that one. I haven't had an opportunity to spend much time with it. Right now, I'm getting by as I have it.

3.5, 2.5, 1, 6

Whiff

Old 04-22-2006, 11:01 PM
fl_799
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whif, I checked out your post over in the techlusion forums. I've yet to see any valuable help over there but their phone support is good. Mode one/ green is fully adjustable.

I think your green mode might is too rich. That setting (3.5) would work fine on a bike with SE A/C and SEII pipes but NO download. I'd drop that down to 1.5 -2.5 and match yellow within or plus .5-1.0 to the green setting as a starting point. Setting 3 is full throttle enrichment which the stage one D/L is already getting plenty enough fuel at WOT. One option; you could put this to zero which puts the WOT enrichment out of the loop and setting 4 all the way up to 8. Believe it or not, on the dyno, the factory Stage one maps are 'safe maps' actually have to be leaned out a few percent for peak HP and TQ so adding more WOT fuel via the TFI does nothing for 'ya and might hurt peak numbers. Now if you did not already have the stage one download already, mode 3 and 4 would be an entirally different story all together; They would HAVE to be set at 4 or so! You don't need those 2 modes active at all!

Remember 0 0 0 8 is like taking the TFI out of the loop and running on the factory download. You just need enough fuel to eliminate the lean surge and drivability issues via the green mode and add some seat of the pants fun via the yellow/acceleration enrichment. You should have this licked in no time.

ORIGINAL: Whiffleboy

I'm actually sitting at 3.5 for Mode One. However, the instructions allude to the fact that First Mode is non-adjustable, but, then later on, it says you can. The lights definitely move, but, I don't know if it's doing anything. So, I'm a little confused on that one. I haven't had an opportunity to spend much time with it. Right now, I'm getting by as I have it.

3.5, 2.5, 1, 6

Whiff

Old 04-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

Thanks for the insight, FL. I can tell you this much with the settings I have...

My plugs are only showing the slightest traceable amount of cocoa color on them. For all intents and purposes, they're still white. I know we can't rely on them as a tell-tale sign and that it's only a snapshot of what you just rode, but, it still looks lean to me. I have a feeling they gave me the non-race D/L when I took it in for my 1000mi.

I did try a lower First Mode setting and, unless I was fooling myself, I thought the 2000rpm range still seemed to surge a bit and it sounded different than when I kicked it up a couple of numbers. Luckily, the DFO is easy to tweak.

Whiff

Old 04-23-2006, 12:30 AM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys, I installed the TFI today, my engine light comes on when the bike warms up and I get some popping on Deceleration. Anyone know what setting I should try? I have a 06 Bob with V&H big radius and S/E A/C, stock ecm, no D/L.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:50 AM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

Call George at Dobeck. It could be that you got a unit with the wires crossed. There are a few out there.

Whiff

Old 04-23-2006, 11:06 AM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a unit for a 06 and had installed by a Harley Tech. have you seen the new TFI's, they almost look like a credit card.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Whiffleboy
Road Master

Yep...they're tiny alright.

Whiff

Old 04-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

ORIGINAL: snowyhog

Screaming eagle race fueler for 06 is part number 32136-06a just out

It has low, mid and high range fuel potentiometer dial adjusters
low, mid and high led indicators
low rpm to mid range potentiometer dial adjuster
mid rpm to high rpm range potentiometer dial adjuster
accelerator pump output potentiometer dial adjuster .
This fits in next to fuses

The adjustment range is 10% to +40 %

There are no official settings with you adjust to your bike
I looked on the HD website for part# 32136-06a and it came back with "Your search returned no results, please try again." Where did you find this info. The dealer told me they didn't have a Race Fueler for the 06 Dyna yet? Thanks.

Quick Reply: O6 Exhaust Question TFI or Download