Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up my first HD

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:39 PM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Everyone seems to think a Thunderheader doesn't look right, but I think it looks great. A couple of my friends out here thought I was nuts when they they heard about my project to blast the chrome off, then rattlecan and wrap, but once they saw the finished product on the bike they had nothing but good things to say.

I thought V&H pipes would look good on my ride...until I realized everyone and their extended families has them. Sure, that speaks for their quality, but it's almost like slapping those Willie G covers all over your bike...all it does is make it look like every other bike on the road.

Last edited by rockon; 01-28-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:34 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

In addition to Drag Specialties catalog, a couple of other good ones are Custom Chrome and V-Twin Mfg (www.vtwinmfg.com) ... you can find pretty good prices at Discount Cycle Parts and you can order from numerous catalogs. I found Fog Hollow and Jireh websites difficult to find what you're looking for ... unless you order their paper catalog and find what you want in there. Jireh has a pretty good selection, but doesn't list as much for late model Harleys. If you're into modding a part for an older bike into something you can use on your late model bike, the prices are pretty good.

When buying Harley parts, what I usually do is compare Chicago H-D (www.chicagoharley.com) with Surdyke H-D and Zanotti Motor ... usually one of those three is marginally cheaper than the others (when buying H-D MoCo parts). I find Chicago Harley is easiest of those websites to find the part number from the nomenclature/description.

That is usually the hard part--finding the H-D part number of what you're looking for. Once you find the P/N you can take it from there. I buy just enough (small stuff usually) from the 4 or 5 local Puget Sound dealers so their parts guys will help me find the parts I'm looking for.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

R/
Priest