Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up my first HD

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:06 AM
fliphd
Tourer
Location: West central Illinois in the Mississippi river bottoms
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new scoot and welcome to the HD family and the forum. Google Dennis Kirk, and JP Cycles, and Fog Hollow they will send you free parts catologs. Keep the rubber side down.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:16 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDMike96
Last week I purchased my first HD. Of course the weather in NC didnt hold the last 3 days I was in town so I had to tuff out 30s and below to get some ride time in. I bought the bike with 2 miles on it and rolled it over to 102 before I left. Anyway so far I love it alot more then my last bike (CBR 600RR). Only mods so far are the forward controls which were a must even though im only 5'9" my legs were uncomfortable with the mid controls. Once I get back to NC in march I plan on either a set of 16in apes or stg 1. I also wanna get the engine covers all blacked out. Any suggestions on good places to get stuff online is appreciated as well as suggestions on a nice exhaust set up.

Congrats on the bike dude. I got mine with 3 miles on it last week! I say you get my pipes, because mine are awesome, and people jump when I start the bike!

Attached Thumbnails Just picked up my first HD-dsc00881.jpg  
Old 01-28-2009, 08:52 AM
lowrider966
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats bro, looks good. I like the black FWDs.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the new bike man!

Old 01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
HDMike96
Road Captain

Appreciate all the kind words and pointing me to good places to get stuff. Dsnoopy I really like that exhaust setup. Vance & Hines is what I have been leaning towards thus far because I like the shortshots all blacked out.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the bike, and thanks for your service. Fortunately, I no longer have to wear one of those reflective vests!

Vance & Hines are my favorite pipes, but it seems Rush is getting quite popular. They also have blacked out models and they are cheaper with multiple baffle sizes. Of course, they are only slip-ons and not full systems.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:33 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html
www.easterperformance.com
J&P is a ripoff. (their parts cost the same as the drag specialties catalog. Some of their parts are more than if you bought the items direct from the company they are getting them from. Not to mention shipping and tax and handling charges on their already undiscounted or inflated prices)
Congrats on the new bike. Do not buy anything other than a 2-1 exhaust like a D&D fatcat or thunderheader. Do not go cheap on your ECM tuner. TTS mastertune is currently the best, SERT is great as well.
www.dragspecialties.com Check out their fatbook where just about every dealer and parts supplier gets their aftermarket stuff from.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:54 AM
mphamrick
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new ride............

Old 01-28-2009, 12:08 PM
MONSTRIP
Advanced

I know how it feels, got mine last may, this forum is the right place to start and read these threads, it will save a lot of time and money.Lots of good people here with the same interest as yours.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve got to rock the boat here…..unless maximum performance is your goal – I wouldn’t choose a 2 into 1…. Personally, I’ve never seen one that looked right. If you like the look then more power to ya, but the performance gain has to be marginal. I haven’t seen dyno results from members here tho. It seriously depends on what you value more…..

Quick Reply: Just picked up my first HD