Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynas' run hot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:49 PM
creekhed1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno, My Stage 1 Dyna's pretty quick maybe not 0-toetag quick....but quick just the same.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 PM
ictinike
Advanced

Yeah, my wife's pretty hot too. "till she stands next to Meggan Fox

Just wish I could walk into a store and buy one like I can a bike!

Old 05-08-2009, 11:53 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ictinike
Yeah, my wife's pretty hot too. "till she stands next to Meggan Fox

Just wish I could walk into a store and buy one like I can a bike!
Can you say, Blow up doll

Old 05-08-2009, 12:10 PM
yoseppi
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pipes and a fuel tuner will fix that problem. And make it sound a helluva lot better.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:18 PM
chugchug
Cruiser

Im aware that ultimately a tuner is better,But not if all im after is reducing combustion chamber temps.I dont see any reason why the xied wont do it.I'm not after more power or torque,The bike already has plenty of power.A fuelpak or power commander is more than what i need at this point.A band-aid fix isnt limited to the xied,wouldnt any addition to the factory system be a sort of band-aid? At any rate,I think an xied,switch to synthetic oil,and maybe a cooler will do exactly what i want.When the time comes and i want to add different pipes,air cleaner,and whatever else i think i want to add power,then i will look at a PC or something similar,And if the whole deal pisses me off,i will rip out the entire computer,fuel injection,And switch the whole thing to carbs and mechanical points if it suits me

Old 05-09-2009, 01:43 PM
ssls6
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

I run the harley stage 1 download and IEDs. I'm happy with the results. I also have the HD stage 1 airbox and screaming eagle torque slip-ons.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:49 PM
SilverV
Cruiser

I've never seen more mis-information in my life. Cylinder head temp (affected by AFR only) has little or nothing to do with what you feel eminating from your engine. IED's are a good idea to preserve the life of your valves/guides. An oil cooler will help reduce engine temp.

Most fuelers do nothing in terms of AFR in closed-loop (98% of your riding). Look at Powercommanders website for confirmation. Not sure about SERT though.

Save your money guys. IED's are cheap and running closer to 14.0 should help smooth things out a bit (but your bike won't go any faster). Spending thousands to increase the performance of a 75 hp 650 lb bike is beyond ridiculous. Bolting on aftermarket pipes, air filters and fuelers will only lighten your wallet. More than likely, your torque will go down as well as hp. Do it for looks if that floats your boat. But there's no other logical reason.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:37 PM
creekhed1
Road Master

Bolting on aftermarket pipes, air filters and fuelers will only lighten your wallet. More than likely, your torque will go down as well as hp. Do it for looks if that floats your boat
That's almost as inaccurate as Blockhead's Statements!

Old 05-09-2009, 05:42 PM
txtec
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverV
I've never seen more mis-information in my life. Cylinder head temp (affected by AFR only) has little or nothing to do with what you feel eminating from your engine. IED's are a good idea to preserve the life of your valves/guides. An oil cooler will help reduce engine temp.

Most fuelers do nothing in terms of AFR in closed-loop (98% of your riding). Look at Powercommanders website for confirmation. Not sure about SERT though.

Save your money guys. IED's are cheap and running closer to 14.0 should help smooth things out a bit (but your bike won't go any faster). Spending thousands to increase the performance of a 75 hp 650 lb bike is beyond ridiculous. Bolting on aftermarket pipes, air filters and fuelers will only lighten your wallet. More than likely, your torque will go down as well as hp. Do it for looks if that floats your boat. But there's no other logical reason.
I"VE never seen more misinformation in MY life.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Eyes of Texas
Banned

Trade it in on a modern motorcycle?

A harley will cook your thighs. Probably should have considered that before purchse. It's part of the "lifestyle," lol.

Quick Reply: Dynas' run hot?