Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynas' run hot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
Why?? Because you don't want to spend the $$ to do it right. So, physcologically you think this band-aid will work. If you believe in it, then it will! Faith is a powerful emotion.
Now who do you think is going to be more infuenced in their opinion of what works? the guy who spend $100 dollars or the guy that spent $1000?

I don't run xieds so I have nothing influencing my opnion other than the principles behind how it works and a strong understanding of how fuel injection works. I've been tuning cars for years and have thousands of dollars in tuning equiptment including a wideband sensor to monitor a/f. So I know that value of a good tuner.

If the xieds didn't work for you, then you either had a bad unit, or you have a lazy o2 or injector, or generally your expectations were too high for the device.

If you read this thread there ar MANY people that have actually measured temps some recording close to 100 degree drops in head temps and 20 degree drops in oil temp after ied/xieds. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...ield-test.html

Old 05-07-2009, 01:07 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by creekhed1
You are ABSOLUTELY WRONG when you say they DID NOTHING! They changed your AFR...and that IS SOMETHING, NOT NOTHING.

I'm glad they worked for you. All I'm saying is, if you want more from your bike and want it to run even better than the XIED makes you think they do, get a Fueler.

Originally Posted by El Jinete Fantasma
Sounds like you have a hard time accepting that they do work for some people. You chalk up others experiencing cooler-running engines as being psychosomatic just because you didn't feel a difference?
That's not what I said, re read the post.

I could care less what anybody uses, whatever floats your boat is fine with me. If they do enough for you, then great, I found them to be a waste of time and $$. If you want to optimize your bikes abilities in all aspects, a fueler is the only way to do it. Xieds are not going to cool your motor down in traffic or at stops..

Last edited by BlockHead96; 05-07-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:56 PM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to optimize your bikes abilities in all aspects, a fueler is the only way to do it. Xieds are not going to cool your motor down in traffic or at stops..
That's not even what this thread is about... obviously a tuner is the way to go to wring every bit of performance out of your engine. We're talking about using IEDs to make it run cooler. They do a good job of it. Yes, you're going to feel heat at a stop on a hot day, but but a stock engine with the stock ECM setting is going to be more hot.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

That is in fact what this thread is about! XIEDS lowering the temp of your bike, a Fueler will do far superior job, through out the RPM range! Just with all associated benefits.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:31 PM
FlatDF
Tourer

People get so fired up about these things lol. I vote all future IED discussion is moved to the Political forum!

Chris

Old 05-07-2009, 03:13 PM
FXSTC_Bill
Advanced

The Xieds did what they say on my bike. Now I don't have a fancy dyno to test it out, but this is what happened. I installed Rush slip-ons, a high flow aircleaner, and dealer download. Before I put the xieds on, I would get a very slight pop on decel and it would pulse at 1/4 throttle. From what I hear, both are indications of running lean. After putting them on, no pop on decel and no more pulsing at 1/4" throttle. The dealer download seemed to do less for the bike than the Xieds really. At 1000 miles I put the pipes and air cleaner on and rode it the 30 miles to the dealership. Then back the 30 miles home after the dealer download the same day. I really didn't feel any difference. After putting another 500 miles, I put the x14ieds on and felt a difference. Now, I heard the dealer download only changes the open loop AFR only and raises the rev limiter. The xieds only change the closed loop.

Last edited by FXSTC_Bill; 05-07-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:47 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member

The dealer download is a waste of $$,,been there done that! The dealer download is only good if using the SE pipes and a stage 1 AC. Other than SE pipes, the dealer download isn't enough to bring the ratios back in and you are still lean. I actually have more decel pop now (because of a open pipe being of a free flow design) with pipes and AC and tune, than with just pipes, no AC and no tune. But, so long as the Dyno print out tell me my ratios are as close to 13.8 as I can get and I am not lean, I will have to live with some decel pop. She runs like a raped ape now!

Old 05-07-2009, 04:14 PM
creekhed1
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekhed1 View Post
You are ABSOLUTELY WRONG when you say they DID NOTHING! They changed your AFR...and that IS SOMETHING, NOT NOTHING.

I'm glad they worked for you. All I'm saying is, if you want more from your bike and want it to run even better than the XIED makes you think they do, get a Fueler.
I'm NOT RUNNING Xied's right now...I said that I was thinking of running them IN CONJUNCTION with my Fuelpak as the Fuelpak only helps out in OPEN LOOP

Old 05-07-2009, 05:10 PM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

The dealer download is a waste of $$,,been there done that! The dealer download is only good if using the SE pipes and a stage 1 AC. Other than SE pipes, the dealer download isn't enough to bring the ratios back in and you are still lean.
Maybe that's why my set-up works out so great for me. Swapped out Cycle Shacks for the SEs. Ran it with the stock ECM for two weeks after installing a Big Sucker. It ran great, but I got the download anyway... it completely transformed the ride. I'm happy.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:05 PM
ictinike
Advanced

Don't know why I keep reading these types of threads. LOL Everyone has a strong opinion, everyone is an expert. They're all full of crap.

Reminds me of my racing days. My tuner wanted to tune the bikes "by number". The dyno was his bible. I wanted a bike I could ride fast around a race track.

If you don't like to read and research an issue like this, then be ready for subpar results and-or spending way more than you might.

Personal opinions are just that. Personal. You get a lot of that on the boards. Facts are facts. They're out there, they're available, go find them. Check your sources, and get them confirmed if the source might have motives.

Also, remember that a "performance twin" is a misnomer. Lipstick on a pig. You want real performance go get a different brand. If a different brand bike isn't an option for you, then you're a tool and a sheep. /opinion

Quick Reply: Dynas' run hot?