Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynas' run hot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 05:50 AM
creekhed1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long enough to know there was NO benefit of the XIED while in closed loop, which is where I wanted help. Only a Tuner will do what is needed, so I switched. That was the best end result possible! Power, better throttle response and a cooler motor, Xieds can't do that..
Is this not a benefit?
From the Nightrider site:
Nightrider's unique "patent pending" design approximates a richer fuel mixtures to quickly and simply improve the closed loop fuel mixture on your TC96/103/110 engine from 14.6:1 to 13.8:1. This results in cooler exhaust temperatures. Recommended for stock bikes and those with upgraded exhaust or intake.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:25 AM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
Long enough to know there was NO benefit of the XIED while in closed loop, which is where I wanted help. Only a Tuner will do what is needed, so I switched. That was the best end result possible! Power, better throttle response and a cooler motor, Xieds can't do that..
Xieds specifically work in closed loop. They do nothing in open loop where your tuner can help. closed loop is where temps are at their highest and xieds do help with that. If you want richer open loop fuel, and the ability to adjust spark timing then a tuner is the way to go, but your comments that xieds don't work show your lack of understanding of the product and its purpose.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jstreet0204
Xieds specifically work in closed loop. They do nothing in open loop where your tuner can help. closed loop is where temps are at their highest and xieds do help with that. If you want richer open loop fuel, and the ability to adjust spark timing then a tuner is the way to go, but your comments that xieds don't work show your lack of understanding of the product and its purpose.
It also tells me he didn't really use them.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 AM
chugchug
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what i understood from the guy who designed the xied,He made no claims of more power,He only said that the wire will change the air/fuel mixture to a richer ratio,And that will bring combustion chamber temps down,And smooth out surging.I dont think that buying several hundred dollars worth of downloads,fuelpak,power commander,or parts like that is the only answer to cooler temps.I will run synthetic oil after break in,and a cooler.But those dont fix a lean air/fuel mixture.I'll know soon enough after i get the wire installed,as for wasting my money on a part that may or may not work? Ha i've spent that much money in an evening drinking beer and having nothing to show for the money i spent

Old 05-07-2009, 09:42 AM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chugchug
From what i understood from the guy who designed the xied,He made no claims of more power,He only said that the wire will change the air/fuel mixture to a richer ratio,And that will bring combustion chamber temps down,And smooth out surging.I dont think that buying several hundred dollars worth of downloads,fuelpak,power commander,or parts like that is the only answer to cooler temps.I will run synthetic oil after break in,and a cooler.But those dont fix a lean air/fuel mixture.I'll know soon enough after i get the wire installed,as for wasting my money on a part that may or may not work? Ha i've spent that much money in an evening drinking beer and having nothing to show for the money i spent
While the guy that makes xieds is a very smart guy, he didn't come up with the idea. The idea has been around for quite a while in the car world, and you could actually make them for a few bucks. It is simply a resistor that changes the signal from the o2's to make the ECU think it is running a little lean, so the ECU adds fuel. What you are paying for with the xieds is the plug and play harness, which for most is worth it to not have to deal with splicing wires in the factory harness.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:50 AM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

What's the deal with people expecting a $100 device to turn their bikes into a MotoGP contender? The IEDs do what Nightrider says they'll do. Nothing less, nothing more.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:39 AM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys have a hard time excepting another opinion. Every engine is different, even tho- they look the same! XIED's do not work in all applications, key words being "in all". They did nothing for me and many others on this site. Bottom line is, you buy this in hopes it will solve a problem that only a Fueler can. Why?? Because you don't want to spend the $$ to do it right. So, physcologically you think this band-aid will work. If you believe in it, then it will! Faith is a powerful emotion. It did nothing for for my bike, it did not cool it down, it did not "cure" the surge. Now then, with a competent Tuner on the Dyno with a TTS, I guarantee you will hear, see and feel a tremendous difference in your bike. Again, Xieds can NOT do, in any way shape and form, what a Tuner WILL. Do yourself a favor, save your hard earned bucks and buy a good Fueler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet0204

"It also tells me he didn't really use them."

LOL, They did absolutely nothing for me! I saw and felt no difference! The ONLY way to cool your motor down, in both open and closed loop, is with a Fueler/Tuner. With Xieds in stopped traffic, you tell me how that right leg feels! If you want to cool the motor down accross the board, like it should be, then the fueler is in order.

I totally understand the products purpose, it's a cheap attempt to address only one small area of a problem that doesn't really do much of anything, if at all! It's an attempt to get a little bit of the consumers dollar instead of getting more of your dollars to do the job right the first time around! You guys are entitled to your opinions and if in your minds it works for you, then great, your problems are solved. I'm not getting in a pissing match with anyone, after all, this is supposed to be a place of shared information. It's human nature to take the path of least resistance and many do. All I'm saying is, think about the whole realm of the problems inherent with this engine and what the EPA has created. The ONLY way around this issue, is the cure, a Fueler, plain and simple. Otherwise keep chasing your tail!

Last edited by BlockHead96; 05-07-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:24 AM
creekhed1
Road Master

They did absolutely nothing for me!
You are ABSOLUTELY WRONG when you say they DID NOTHING! They changed your AFR...and that IS SOMETHING, NOT NOTHING.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:29 AM
El Jinete Fantasma
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
You guys have a hard time excepting another opinion. Every engine is different, even tho- they look the same! XIED's do not work in all applications, key words being "in all". They did nothing for me and many others on this site. Bottom line is, you buy this in hopes it will solve a problem that only a Fueler can. Why?? Because you don't want to spend the $$ to do it right. So, physcologically you think this band-aid will work. If you believe in it, then it will! Faith is a powerful emotion. It did nothing for for my bike, it did not cool it down, it did not "cure" the surge. Now then, with a competent Tuner on the Dyno with a TTS, I guarantee you will hear, see and feel a tremendous difference in your bike. Again, Xieds can NOT do, in any way shape and form, what a Tuner WILL. Do yourself a favor, save your hard earned bucks and buy a good Fueler.
Sounds like you have a hard time accepting that they do work for some people. You chalk up others experiencing cooler-running engines as being psychosomatic just because you didn't feel a difference?

Old 05-07-2009, 12:01 PM
FlatDF
Tourer

More power, tunability, and option for future upgrades = tuner (PCIII/IV/SERT/TTS)

Lower closed-loop AFR (which reduces heat at low speeds, and reduces low-rpm surging): XiED.

I chose the XiED because I wanted a temporary solution to high heat and running slip ons, and didn't have the $500-1000 for a tuner and dyno time. Of course the tuner is a better solution! But for those of us who don't have the need or the cash, the XiEDs have been shown to work just fine for their stated purpose.

Chris

Quick Reply: Dynas' run hot?