Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The most stoopid question ever asked....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 07:54 AM
07fxdwg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another way to be seen when stopped at a light is to install the module that flashes your tail light. Mine flashes 3 times then goes steady and repeats. Good for sitting at a light at night so you don't just blend in. The flash should get someones attention.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07fxdwg
Another way to be seen when stopped at a light is to install the module that flashes your tail light. Mine flashes 3 times then goes steady and repeats. Good for sitting at a light at night so you don't just blend in. The flash should get someones attention.
My brother had both the turn signal kit and the flash 3 times when hitting the brakes kit.... When I road with him it was confusing when we would come to a light or stop sign that we were turning at.... because all the lights would blink and I wouldn't be sure if he was turning right or left... I hating that!! He has now removed the blink 3 times kit which makes it much better for other riders riding behind him.

My 2 cents, Donnie

Old 01-24-2009, 08:54 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Naz_Man
My brother had both the turn signal kit and the flash 3 times when hitting the brakes kit.... When I road with him it was confusing when we would come to a light or stop sign that we were turning at.... because all the lights would blink and I wouldn't be sure if he was turning right or left... I hating that!! He has now removed the blink 3 times kit which makes it much better for other riders riding behind him.

My 2 cents, Donnie

I have a modulator in my brake light. But it's the bulb that has the modulator. I don't think doing it that way would cause the running lights to flash as well.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:03 AM
sbrn33
Advanced

does that part # work on older bikes? Like a 98(I guess that's not really old for a harley)

Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blaster
I have a modulator in my brake light. But it's the bulb that has the modulator. I don't think doing it that way would cause the running lights to flash as well.
When you have both kits the signals will brighten and flash 3 time when the brake is hit.... So then it looks like he has his 4 ways on with the brake light on, so then I'm not sure if he's planning on making a right or left.

Donnie

Old 01-24-2009, 10:30 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

When you have both kits the signals will brighten and flash 3 time when the brake is hit.... So then it looks like he has his 4 ways on with the brake light on, so then I'm not sure if he's planning on making a right or left.

Donnie

Donnie

I understand what you are saying, but he must have a modulator that splices into the wire before the rear turn signals. If he wants to keep the brake light only modulator he can get a bulb that does it by itself. He would not need the modulator kit that he was using. www.kisantech.com

Last edited by PoCoBob; 01-24-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: wrong link
Old 01-24-2009, 11:31 AM
07fxdwg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2 cents, Donnie
Thats why I only went with the taillight kit. Left the turn signals yellow (actually yellow bulbs with smoked lenses). People are already confused enough when they drive behind us.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:18 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I just got the turn/run/brake module kit from Harley and it works great. It uses the stock single filiment bulb. The module controls the voltage to each light. When you hit the brakes it increases the voltage to the turn signals and makes them brighter as when they were just running lights. When you hit the turn signal say turning right it just makes the right bulb go on and off while the tailight and the left signal stay solid. It's great and brighter then heck. Below is a pic with the lights as running lights. The video was with my cell, just click the 2nd image.

Click video below

Last edited by JaronB; 01-24-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:29 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Kinda sounded like my ex wife till you got to the last part "and worth it"
When you get to be my age....easy & cheap is ALWAYS worth it....

BTW, I have the running light module too...took 15 minutes to install.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Someone asked that question about six months ago. I actually had to go out to the garage to check mine. I never realized it either.

Quick Reply: The most stoopid question ever asked....