Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy headlight on 09 FXDC [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdondes
Hey Gary,

Does the Fat Boy light give off more light than the stock headlight?
I haven't ridden it at night yet.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 PM
thone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. I think it's a nice touch.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Lorance66
Road Master

Originally Posted by Gary7
I haven't ridden it at night yet.
I think the light is just as bright as the stock dual, if not brighter. My only complaint with mine is the high beam shines really up and to the left when I have my low beam properly aimed. Someone else posted a nice HID drop-in replacement for the 6024 bulbs that was pretty cheap, like $25. I might get that for mine.

plenty bright though.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Lorance66
I think the light is just as bright as the stock dual, if not brighter. My only complaint with mine is the high beam shines really up and to the left when I have my low beam properly aimed.
That's because you've got that suck-*** sealed beam in there. The beam pattern on those is awful.

I thought you were going to get one of the Autopal H4 Euro-spec headlights I posted a link to?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:52 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I made sure the light I ordered had a replaceable bulb, so I can stick a Ultra Silverstar in it. They put out some light, I run them in my truck.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 AM
jcopel
Cruiser

I just brought a new Dyna home these afternoon. Sportster deal - I couldn't refuse.
Since I first looked at the Dynas I thought the light looked awefully small for the bike, but wow, it gives off ALOT more light than my Sporty.
I had to "run to the store" this evening because it looks like rain tomorrow. It was much easier to see than what I'm used to.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:43 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary7
Exactly the look I was shootin' for. This is my favorite of the vintage "Road Burners" as you call them. The Crocker Special. Look at that big chrome headlight perched up there on that springer front end.
F'n awesome Crocker ... technically, not a "springer" but a girder. No matter ... I am really digging that exhaust system. I wish they still made a 2-into-1 for Dynas that looked like that! Within the next 15 months I will have a similar look on my bike ... if'n I have to custom make the d@mn thing from scratch myself.

R/
Priest

Last edited by mud; 01-24-2009 at 07:29 AM. Reason: edit out the oversize picture
Old 01-24-2009, 06:52 AM
ggibson
Cruiser
Default 7"

I put a Fatboy headlight on my bike and I reckon it gave it more character.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jcopel
I just brought a new Dyna home these afternoon. Sportster deal - I couldn't refuse.
Since I first looked at the Dynas I thought the light looked awefully small for the bike, but wow, it gives off ALOT more light than my Sporty.
I had to "run to the store" this evening because it looks like rain tomorrow. It was much easier to see than what I'm used to.
That's really odd, because (if I'm not mistaken) you traded in an 08 Sporster, which means your Super Glide has the exact same headlight: Harley's std 5.75" H4. If the headlight on your new bike seems to be putting more light on the road, the headlight on your Sporty must have not been aimed properly.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:20 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

the stock light on my FXDC does throw a hell of a beam as well... just hoping the Fatboy with the U-silverstar is at least on par.

Quick Reply: Fat Boy headlight on 09 FXDC [pics]