Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

owners of 09 glides

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009 | 01:01 PM
sportster/dyna
|
Cruiser
Exclamation owners of 09 glides

what do ya think about em? I am about 99 % in the tank to getting one.

Old 01-22-2009 | 02:50 PM
OutlawBagger
Road Captain

Look in your post under new members. I replied to you there.

They are VERY NICE!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2009 | 02:55 PM
FloridaDrafter
Tourer

Originally Posted by sportster/dyna
what do ya think about em? I am about 99 % in the tank to getting one.
I know this topic has been beat to death since the "Sportster Trade-in Program", but I'm gonna go ahead and comment won mo time.. I initially traded my '07 1200R because I wanted my wife to be more confortable while riding with me. I really had reservations because I loved the Sporty and was finally back on one since selling my old one in 78 or so. Now that I have the Dyna, I'm glad I made the move. Even though the bikes may seem different and are to a certain extent, they are more alike than you would think. Virtually the same in the way they excelerate and cut through the curves, at least to me anyway as some will argue that point. Even though the Dyna is heavier by 100 pounds or so, it is still nimble and easier to fling around. The Sporty had to be muscled, where the Dyna just needs to be persuaded and nudged in the right direction. LMAO! That's the only way I can explain it. The first time I rode the Dyna in the dealers lot, I was really shaky, then I figured out I was over compensating, then everything was fine when I stoped trying to manhandle the Dyna. IMHO, the Dyna is truely the best of both worlds (Sporty/Big Twin).

-Andy

Old 01-22-2009 | 03:17 PM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member

I have to agree about the handling. I just got my first Dyna this week, but it really seems to move more easilt than the Sportster for some reason, though I know that makes no sense.

BTW, my buddy has a Wide Glide and it is a real nice ride.

Old 01-22-2009 | 03:24 PM
itemselling4u
Advanced

great bike!

Old 01-22-2009 | 04:12 PM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FloridaDrafter
I know this topic has been beat to death since the "Sportster Trade-in Program", but I'm gonna go ahead and comment won mo time.. I initially traded my '07 1200R because I wanted my wife to be more confortable while riding with me. I really had reservations because I loved the Sporty and was finally back on one since selling my old one in 78 or so. Now that I have the Dyna, I'm glad I made the move. Even though the bikes may seem different and are to a certain extent, they are more alike than you would think. Virtually the same in the way they excelerate and cut through the curves, at least to me anyway as some will argue that point. Even though the Dyna is heavier by 100 pounds or so, it is still nimble and easier to fling around. The Sporty had to be muscled, where the Dyna just needs to be persuaded and nudged in the right direction. LMAO! That's the only way I can explain it. The first time I rode the Dyna in the dealers lot, I was really shaky, then I figured out I was over compensating, then everything was fine when I stoped trying to manhandle the Dyna. IMHO, the Dyna is truely the best of both worlds (Sporty/Big Twin).

-Andy
You said it exactly right!

Old 01-22-2009 | 04:40 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

I have only had my Dyna in regards to having a Harley. It is a great bike. Hands down it is the heaviest, slowest bike I ever owned. Still the most satisfying over those metric sports bike I have had in the past. The 1st trip my wife made to the stealer after getting the bike, she sat on an 883 low in the showroom. She could not believe how much heavier the bike felt getting it off the stand vs the Dyna. Weight is just in a different location. The Dyna is simply not as top heavy as the sporty. Big benefit to this bike is for sure it feels much more stable in crosswinds.

Old 01-22-2009 | 08:11 PM
Grind
Road Master

My wife also feels that the Dynas are more "balanced" than the Sporties. At least, from riding her 1200L and just sitting on my Super Glide.

Old 01-23-2009 | 09:02 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Default 2009 Dyna

Everyone pretty much says the same thing....DYNA is the SWEET SPOT for me too. I did add the Progressive 412's so my vertically challenged wife would get that "actual" one inch lower seat on our 2009 Super Glide Custom. She is now flat footed on the Sundowner Seat and is perfectly happy with the weight and balance. She also agrees the Dyna feels lighter than the Sportster.

GARY
Stanley, IDAHO

Old 01-23-2009 | 09:08 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ggadwa
Everyone pretty much says the same thing....DYNA is the SWEET SPOT for me too. I did add the Progressive 412's so my vertically challenged wife would get that "actual" one inch lower seat on our 2009 Super Glide Custom. She is now flat footed on the Sundowner Seat and is perfectly happy with the weight and balance. She also agrees the Dyna feels lighter than the Sportster.
I agree with everyone on the handling. The Dyna is easier to maneuver than my Sportster ever was.

As for the perceived weight, we all know the Dyna is about 100 lbs heavier than the Sportster. For me, the only time that is evident is when you are trying to move the bike yourself, like sitting on it and backing up, etc. That's the only time this bike really feels heavier than my Sportster.

Quick Reply: owners of 09 glides