Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying a Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:19 AM
FATBOB67
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rdondes
Fat Bobs are hideous looking motorcycles.
Jeez...your opinion!!! But, what the hell ........you're from NEEEEEEW Jerrrrrrrrsey!!! Now really, isn't that a great looking bike???

Old 01-18-2009, 08:26 AM
RBEN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rdondes
Fat Bobs are hideous looking motorcycles. Anything else in the Harley line is better looking.
rdondes. Why dont you tell us how you really feel !!!!!!!! I really really like the Fat Bob its a HD but a bit dif. I am thinking of trading my 08 nightster in on one. This tread up deal Harley has going is just to tempting. I like the Cross Bones to but I dont like the way you sit on it instad of in it. That just me. I think you will like it its just cool looking..

Old 01-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the wind drag is not bad at all on this bike. The drag bars must be a factor in that.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdondes View Post
Fat Bobs are hideous looking motorcycles. Anything else in the Harley line is better looking.

Originally Posted by wbeem
I thought the Road Glides had that honor.
Aw shucks, I got both of them!

Oh woe is me!

Old 01-18-2009, 10:57 AM
thirdjld
Advanced

I'm 47 and while my Fatbob is the 4th HD I've owned it's my first bike in about 10 years. 10k miles in first year. Longest straight ride 250-300 miles and stayed comfortable. (more so than on my brothers FLH but with bad knees I need forward controls) At about 85mph the wind starts affecting my glasses(no foam cushions) at 100 mph & above it's not safe with my glasses. (I'm getting scrip RX7's) The pipes were too quiet, I put on Rush 2" and did all right, not too expensive. In rain and below 32 degrees I wish I had a windshield but not bad enough to put one on. I'll make more mods in time but the bike seems to have been made for me and I'm not in a hurry to change something that works.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:16 AM
lcntam
Advanced

Originally Posted by wbeem
I thought the Road Glides had that honor.
I couldn't agree more!!! I agree with all the input you are getting from the guys that are telling you that Fat Bobs are great bikes with exhaust, a FI tuner, and a stage 1 to start. Mine felt somewhat "asleep" in stock form. I will say that I am now considering a 103 kit and cams though...

Another piece of my own opinion, I think the Fat Bobs look great if they get cromed out, blacked out or somewhere in between. I think you'll be very happy with this bike.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:17 AM
wbeem
Tourer

Well, it doesn't look like I'm getting my test ride today. I spoke with a sale guy yesterday who offered a ride, but I had other things on my schedule. When I got back home, I called and he was out on a demo ride with another customer. I left word with the receptionist, who told me he'd be working on Sunday, that I'd like to schedule a ride.

Didn't hear anything back from him then or this morning, so I called up the dealer. Today, the receptionist tells me his whole team is off today. Looks like I'll have to wait until next Saturday to get my chance.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:21 AM
wbeem
Tourer

Originally Posted by lcntam
I couldn't agree more!!! I agree with all the input you are getting from the guys that are telling you that Fat Bobs are great bikes with exhaust, a FI tuner, and a stage 1 to start. Mine felt somewhat "asleep" in stock form. I will say that I am now considering a 103 kit and cams though...

You know, the guys at one dealer were telling me about the 103" work done on their Road Glides. They seem to believe they've tweaked with a lot of different options and have it really figured out now. Dyno numbers (as best my feeble memory can recall) had torque about 110 and HP in the 90's. They felt it was much more bang for the buck than the 110" and said that the engines were so strong they could pop stand-up wheelies on the RG's.

I'm not looking for wheelies on a Fat Bob, but I do like the idea that they eat their own dogfood. It's one thing to sell something because it's available, but something else if they're putting the same thing in their own rides.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by benwiggin2
me too

I didn't

oh Lord...

(music to many ears]

Also want to mention that the Screamin' Eagle slip-ons are street legal in all states, and not incredibly loud at all, my neighbors haven't noticed the change, easy to keep them quiet, but the tone is so much better.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:33 PM
RBEN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdondes View Post

Aw shucks, I got both of them!

Oh woe is me!
MAN Tripper am jealuos. You have two of the most hideous looking motorcycles I ever saw. Wish I had that combo .HA HA HA HA...

Last edited by RBEN; 01-19-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a Fat Bob