Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying a Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:22 PM
MNrider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Test drive it, then have your check book ready.
I like riding with the shield off, but I like it with the shield on too. Put an FI tuner on it and you're good to go. Personally, I like the forward pegs on mine. I've had floorboards before and this is my first bike with forward pegs. I must be the right size for it because I never feel like I need to move my legs around on long rides. But be warned, your other bike may not get used much when you have the fatbob. LOL. Search around this forum and you'll find lot's of bada$$ mods and projects to help eat up that extra cash you'll have laying around.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:41 PM
wbeem
Tourer

You know, I think you're right about the other bike sitting for a while. I'm down to one bike, but there have been times when I've had two or three in the garage. Ultimately, I end up riding whatever is the newest one and occasionally taking the other out for a pity ride. It's like I feel guilty owning a bike and not riding it.

However, the good part is that the spare bikes were already paid off and all I had to do was maintain insurance and tag. If I were paying for two bikes and only riding one, I'd definitely be a little sick about it.

The RK will be around if I need to take a trip, carry some luggage, or carry a passenger. The Fat Bob, if I pull the trigger, will be a solo seat machine just for local pleasure.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:06 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by wbeem
My goal is to purchase it once I have a tax refund check in my hand...
Hopefully you don't live in California, it might be a while...

Old 01-17-2009, 07:16 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by adrock5151
I'd highly recommend a Fat Bob.
me too

Don't mess with the exhaust, it onlt gives bikers a bad name. Neighbors hate the loud noise not to mention there's a law against it, at least here in Calif. I promise you, you'll have just as much fun riding the bike with stock exhaust as with noisy loud pipes.
I didn't

your neighbors will like you more.
oh Lord...

I live off of a busy two lane mtn hwy here in Los Angeles, and on weekends all I hear are literally hundreds of loud noisy exhausts going up and down my street.
(music to many ears]

Old 01-17-2009, 07:50 PM
sven5145
Intermediate
Default Just got mine

Just traded in my 08 Nightster (VH Shortshots Staggered Black) and got full MSRP towards a 09 Denim Black Fat Bob (awesome program Harley!). Love the new bike. Thought I would miss the old one but the Bob rides so well and feels so much more substantial. Great bike.

Only concern now is whether or not to change pipes. The stock pipes are just too damn quiet but the look is awesome.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:08 PM
frankjake
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GO FOR IT!

That's all I can tell you.

I bought a new V-Rod in 2007 and just love the bike. When the Rocker came out, I thought I wanted one. While in Reno at Street Vibrations I had the chance to demo ride 5 different bikes. The fist was the Rocker and I was not all that impressed with it. I rode a few other bikes but still liked my v-rod best.

Then I rode the Fat Bob and man I was totally impressed in everything about the bike. Of course the power is nothing compared to the v-rod but the fat bob does pretty damm good and handle excellent. I tell everyone it handles almost as well as the v-rod, considering they are two totally different bikes.

I don't think you would be disapointed with a Fat Bob at all. I ended up buying one about a month ago and so far just love it.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:43 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The Fat Bob eats black top... morning, noon and night!!!!
The bike comes with plenty of tourque & hp to shave 10 years off any life that hangs somewhere in the middle of it's earthly existance. (That's an addmitedly awakward referance to the perverbial 'mid-life' crisis from some one who's on the pluse side of 50.)

I bought my FB 13,000 miles ago, in April 08... 6 hours after selling my 1992 XL 1200. I put 25,000 miles under that Sportster over the course of two riding seasons. It was the first bike I every rode.

The Fat Bob, with the 130mm front wheel and dual front brakes, in combination with it's 180mm rear wheel is a serious road machine that can take you to any destination and thrill you once you arrive. (All the good riding roads are at least an hour away from my garage.)

Your Road King is going to collect dust.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Dutch110
Tourer

Love mine. I've got close to a 1000 miles on it after picking it up on a nice 30 degree day 6 weeks ago or so. You won't regret it.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:03 PM
wbeem
Tourer

No California, I'm in Florida and the dealers seem to have plenty of Fat Bobs on the floor. Oddly enough, I'm also getting somewhat interested in the Cross Bones (if I put some drag bars on it).

I didn't want to start a pipe debate, but I'll say that I weigh in on the side of "Loud Pipes Save Lives." Yes, I do understand the other side of the debate and there is merit to it. Some people hate the sound of a motorcycle and they get upset about it.

On the other hand, I want traffic around me to know I'm there. Too many times I've watched people change lanes without looking. They assume that they know the lane is empty, but they don't check blind spots or look over their shoulder before moving. I do my best not to lag around in someone's blind spot, but sometimes you need to hit a few more of the senses when passing someone. I don't rev the engine or make a lot of noise in the neighborhood, but I want the pipes to bark when I'm out on the highway. Some may disagree with me, and that's alright. We all have our own priorities. Mine is a sense of self-preservation.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:05 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fat Bobs are hideous looking motorcycles. Anything else in the Harley line is better looking.

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a Fat Bob