Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Superglide Tail Light Wiring ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
evesweater
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Superglide Tail Light Wiring ???

Hey, all.
You seem to have a good forum here (a lot of DIY'ers), and this is my first post.

I just relocated my license plate to the side by reconfiguring the original mounting bracket. I got some LED bolts to light it and I need to figure out how to wire it. I've been searching the net for the better part of two hours.

Going to the tail light are three wires a red w/ yellow stripe (which I found somewhere is the brake light), a blue wire, and a black wire.

Does this mean the blue wire is the license plate/running light? And I'm assuming the black wire is the ground. I got the seat off and ready with everything else, but I don't want to mess with the wrong wires.

Any help is much appreciated.
-eve

Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,966 Likes on 2,093 Posts

Originally Posted by evesweater
Hey, all.
You seem to have a good forum here (a lot of DIY'ers), and this is my first post.

I just relocated my license plate to the side by reconfiguring the original mounting bracket. I got some LED bolts to light it and I need to figure out how to wire it. I've been searching the net for the better part of two hours.

Going to the tail light are three wires a red w/ yellow stripe (which I found somewhere is the brake light), a blue wire, and a black wire.

Does this mean the blue wire is the license plate/running light? And I'm assuming the black wire is the ground. I got the seat off and ready with everything else, but I don't want to mess with the wrong wires.

Any help is much appreciated.
-eve

eve, on my 006 there are 6 wires.

yes the blue one is running light.

mud...............

Old 01-14-2009, 09:26 PM
evesweater
Intermediate
Default Mucho thanks

Mud,
I've been looking and looking. Thanks for the verification, man. It is much appreciated. I'll have time to get it done tonight thanks to you!

Old 01-15-2009, 12:12 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i gots 6 as well, cut out all the extra and got it down to just the 3 now... not sure what colors... i can look if oyu need me to?

Old 01-15-2009, 07:18 AM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

just pick up a cheap tester from your auto parts store. Then you can test every one for function.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:09 PM
evesweater
Intermediate
Default lit up

I reconfigured the original license plate bracket and voila, a side mounted license plate. The LED bolts were $15 bucks (small wires though), and it will do until I get one of those LED frames I've seen.

I thank you kindly for the replies, guys.

Attached Thumbnails 07 Superglide Tail Light Wiring ???-img_0208.jpg  
Old 01-15-2009, 06:45 PM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by evesweater
I reconfigured the original license plate bracket and voila, a side mounted license plate. The LED bolts were $15 bucks (small wires though), and it will do until I get one of those LED frames I've seen.

I thank you kindly for the replies, guys.
those look like the kury lights. man those wires are tiny, and what a pain in the *ss to work with. How bout a pic of the back of the plate?

Trending Topics

Old 01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
evesweater
Intermediate
Default back o plate

It's a little messy.

I left a small coil of wire, so I have something to work with if and when I upgrade to an LED plate frame. I snuck the wire through a gap passenger footrest and under the swing-arm with a few black zip-ties.

Attached Thumbnails 07 Superglide Tail Light Wiring ???-img_0204.jpg   07 Superglide Tail Light Wiring ???-img_0205.jpg