Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ruined it today.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 09:03 AM
drtheo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about that TS. Hope you got her info, be glad that you weren't hurt, I know it doesn't mean much to hear that, but if she had hurt you the repairs would take alot longer. Now its winter even in FL, get that ride fixed and get back on the road.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, STICK it to her insurance company as some on here say. Make sure they understand why you want more than the parts are worth and labor to repair so when YOUR insurance company has to pay for a mistake you make, they can get it STUCK to them.

And people wonder why INSURANCE premiums are so high.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:38 AM
arkieollie
Tourer

I love my bike, don't get me wrong..........but in the grand scheme of things it is still just a bike. You weren't on it when it happened! Things could have been a lot different. Now it is just another HASSLE. Good luck with it.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:48 AM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Floridas no fault is tough. All that is required in a parking lot accident with no injuries is a Drivers exhange form. Contact your insurance company and see if they can get any money out of them. They probably wont even try. Your last option is to sue for Damages and Attorney fees. Contact an Attorney. good luck with this Topspin. I live in Florida too..It sux.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:07 AM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had two different bikes hit in parking lots. Both instances caused a good amount of damage. The second time I was parked in a motorcycle only area at the gym and the dummy still found a way to hit my bike!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary7
It depends on where the bike was parked. In a legitimate parking space, no problem. She's at fault. But if he pulled up behind her car and got off his bike, this could get interesting from a legal standpoint.
That is the first thing I thought.
If I were you, I wouldn't say anything to an insurance company about being double parked. Just say you were parked. It could turn out that you will be found to be the one at fault and have to pay to fix any damage to her car.
Good luck,
Tom

Old 01-12-2009, 01:48 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

A woman knocked my 94 LowRider over several years ago. I was parked in the space in fornt of her van in a parking lot and she didn't see my bike and just decided to pull through. Man I was miserable, but her insurance company was actually pretty good to me and didn't give me a hassle. While it was in the shop I had a couple of extra things done to it. (my cost of course)

Old 01-12-2009, 03:22 PM
apbtlvr
Road Captain

I'm sorry for your loss. Look at it as a chance to customize your bike in a new direction.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:13 PM
froogle
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SilentWarrior
Floridas no fault is tough. All that is required in a parking lot accident with no injuries is a Drivers exhange form. Contact your insurance company and see if they can get any money out of them. They probably wont even try. Your last option is to sue for Damages and Attorney fees. Contact an Attorney. good luck with this Topspin. I live in Florida too..It sux.

Well I've kinda been on the other side of this. Some dumb bimbo my wife works with (no really, she's a bimbo) came over one night and parked in the drive. I was sleepy and not paying attention when I backed my car out of the garage and didn't even think to look to see if some moron was parked in my driveway. Bang!

I had to pay, even though it was private property etc etc (not whining here, I think it was right I had to pay) because she was parked and I wasn't.

No fault really really doesn't count if you're parked.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
xmarine
Road Master

You get a freebie on this one.............go ahead and VENT!!!
xmarine

Quick Reply: Ruined it today.