Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ruined it today.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 12:05 AM
rayfinseats
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the insurance companies have an oblogation to fix a vehicle to your satisfaction. Until you cash a check or sign something they have to negotiate with you. The least they can do is pay for each replacement part if it has so much as a scratch caused from the accident, AND LABOR. You should be able to get original factory harley OEM parts $$$ and replacements for the aftermarket parts. No pain and suffering as you weren't on the bike. My insurance (Farmers Ins) covers any part that is PERMANENTLY attached.

In some states it's tough to collect in a parking lot because they cannot get a ticket on private property... hmmmmm. Did she get a ticket?????

Last edited by rayfinseats; 01-12-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
SFD_207
Cruiser

Its the same no fault BS in Louisiana. Unless the vehicle is parked. My wife was parking in a lot in Baton Rouge when a idiot backed out of his spot with his head up his a$$, and hit her on the side of the durango. he got out, looked at his bumper, then got back in and left. Never said a word to anyone. Its a good thing I wasnt there... it would not have been pretty.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Shade
Advanced

Even in an accident like this, it's best to get a police statement. If you really have to pay that deductible and you think it's worth your time, take her to small claims court. You did get her information, didn't you?

Old 01-12-2009, 12:22 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Since your bike was parked her insurance company has to pay your deductable. Your insurance company has to repair the bike at an authorized Harley Davidson repair facility (dealer) to your satisfaction. So you will get all MoCo parts.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Juno
Banned

I think I know what you mean about THOSE PEOPLE with a Lexus. If you were close I'd loan you gun. Man what a drag.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:16 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Digest the recommendations here, pick one (or two), but DON"T POST anything that could be used against you later.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:22 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll bet she was talking on the cell phone or texting someone...Could have always been worse...at least you weren't hurt...sorry about your bike....

Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 AM
04fxdwgi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sniper77
Yes, you are wrong. He doesn't have to pay a deductible when she hit the bike when it was parked. I hope he got her info because this is not one thin dime out of your pocket, even in Florida.
Sniper77 is correct... It's a whole different story if you are not on the bike and it's parked. She is at fault.. Period. Glad you weren't there to be injured and witnessed the whole thing, as painful as it must have been.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:52 AM
black09FXD
Intermediate
Default parking lot suckfest

Sorry to here that Topspin, I have a headlight trim ring free for the asking if yours was damaged. Thats a bummer what happened.

I hope Jennifer got her text message ok with no interuptions and she got the text message her hair appointment was cancelled.

"Gee whilikers..what was that sound? ....OMG!!"

One good thing about the vehicle, a Lexus, I'm almost positive she has insurance. I would be worried if she was driving some souped up Ricer piece of crap with a leaf blower exhaust system and some zit faced tweaker behind the wheel.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 04fxdwgi
Sniper77 is correct... It's a whole different story if you are not on the bike and it's parked. She is at fault.. Period. Glad you weren't there to be injured and witnessed the whole thing, as painful as it must have been.
It depends on where the bike was parked. In a legitimate parking space, no problem. She's at fault. But if he pulled up behind her car and got off his bike, this could get interesting from a legal standpoint.

Quick Reply: Ruined it today.