Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ruined it today.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:06 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

**** if that's true what Romeokilo said then I'd be driving all around Florida just ramming people that pissed me off since my insurance wouldn't have to pay thus not costing me anything. That can't be the way it is... is it?

Edit: Ok I saw Sniper's post but what if the bike had been moving? Would she then not have to pay anything?

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 01-11-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Grind
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about it, Topspin. Glad you weren't hurt. Bikes are fixable.

Originally Posted by Topspin
I generally dislike folks with Lexuses
I can't come up with a legitimate reason, but I dislike them, too.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM
RomeoKilo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sniper77
Yes, you are wrong. He doesn't have to pay a deductible when she hit the bike when it was parked. I hope he got her info because this is not one thin dime out of your pocket, even in Florida.
Ok thanks I feel a little better now. Still sucks though man sorry it happened.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:17 PM
FATBOB67
Road Captain

That certainly SUCKS...................

Old 01-11-2009, 08:23 PM
mudsnark
Advanced

What a bummer. Sorry.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:59 PM
benwiggin2
Road Master

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Damn that blows more than Oprah on a hot KFC meal before she devours it.
Leave it to PIAB to crack us up again. Hilarious.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

sucks man, I'd be hot too. People just don't pay any damn attention to their surroundings.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:38 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Man that stinks. There seems to be a certain stigma with the Lexus crowd isn't there? By the way, i don't own one.

Originally Posted by jakeiniraq
TS, sorry to hear about this. I couldn't even imagine how pissed I'd be if it happened to me.
Jake, if yours were to get hit how would the tins affect you? Does HD knock out another set for you or are you hosed? Just wondering.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

You didn't mention if you were on the bike when it was hit. It could have been a lot worse.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:52 PM
bakerm75
Road Captain

I would be throwing sh*t too. Then when I calmed down. I would start getting ready for the insurance fight. If you haven't been through it, heres what you do.

1. Find a bike same model/mileage paint etc. Print out the pricing and info on it. ( preferrably stock)

2. go out to all the retailers that you got your parts from. Print out a product description and price on everything that was damaged. EVERYTHING that you have added to your bike. Also get any reciepts for maintenance etc. ( a well taken care of bike is worth more)

3. Go get a estimate on repairs from the stealer. (they will generally be higher then other bike repair shops.) Make sure they check the frame, trees, everything. Have them give you an estimate on retail sale value of your bike (prior to injury). dealer msrp's are higher and can come in handy in negotiating.

4. Be prepared to fight. Do not take the insurance agencies first offer. Keep stressing the value of added parts, and your well taken care of ride.

5. Remember, they don't care how long it takes to get your ride fixed. And this is the worst part. You can't either. (one tip the closer to summer depending on location the higher the prices) Remind them of this.

6. be persistent, call your rep daily. Be polite and hold your temper, but be persistent. A daily call to check on your case. (but do not show urgency or temper). Basically, annoying but don't give them reason to hate you.

I have been in a few accidents and know how tough it can be to get your money. They usually want to give you used, or low value for your vehicle.

If your lucky, they will total out your bike (depending on how much you have in accessories) if that happens , they pay you for the total value of your bike agreed on, then offer you a low buy back (which you can negotiate). Just make sure there is no salvage title (unless you don't care).

One other tip. When they go to issue the check. Most insurance companies want to issue the check to where its being repaired. You can get around this by indicating that there are parts that cannot be ordered through the stealer etc.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by bakerm75; 01-11-2009 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Ruined it today.