Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ruined it today.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:12 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Damn that blows more than Oprah on a hot KFC meal before she devours it.
At least you were there when she hit your bike or she might have taken off and you may have never even known who hit it. Sounds like it can be repaired but yea I would be just as pissed.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Unimoose
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It may not look it now, and sure as heck won't seem this way, but it could have been a lot worse. She could have gotten scared and hit the gas instead of the brake and done a lot more to your ride and to you. It can be fixed and not at your expense. That's a couple positives in my book.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:15 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TS, sorry to hear about this. I couldn't even imagine how pissed I'd be if it happened to me.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:19 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Top sorry to hear that. The main thing is you are ok. With a Lexus she must have good insurance we hope but you never know these days. You will get new paint, tins and chrome parts she will look better than ever.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I understand man, that biotch hit your baby! I'd be about purple...

But hey, now you can rebuild it, maybe change something that was twitchin' in the back of your head. Just hope she had insurance.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Don51
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Topspin
Just paid my bike off.

Young girl backed into it today in a parking lot as I doubled back and helped a stranded other rider who couldn't get his bike started.

Landed on pipe side.

Among other things, looks like bar risers are bent. Pipes look like s**t. Heel stirrup is broken. Rear fender support bent from her f*****g Lexus bumper. (I generally dislike folks with Lexuses)

I am not handling this well is an understatement. Doesn't pay to be a good samaritan. "Twisted" does not accurately describe my mood. Cursing and throwing stuff ain't helping either.

I need my Dyna guys to help me feel better before Mud boots me to a room without a view.
That really sucks......Like everybody else is saying, at least you weren't hurt! I would be pissed too, but what can you do? Now you have to concentrate on making sure things go right....with her insurance company and your bike. Good luck!

Old 01-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasn't even on the bike.

I had a seat on the 50 yard line and watched!

And as far as insurance is concerned... in Florida we have no fault. My insurance company pays after my $500 (DAMMIT) deductible. Then they surcharge me until I'm 137years old.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:54 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Topspin
I wasn't even on the bike.

I had a seat on the 50 yard line and watched!

And as far as insurance is concerned... in Florida we have no fault. My insurance company pays after my $500 (DAMMIT) deductible. Then they surcharge me until I'm 137years old.
Oh, $hit man... that blows!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
RomeoKilo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how does that **** work? She hits your bike and you have to pay and she gets off without paying anything? Please tell me I'm wrong!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RomeoKilo
So how does that **** work? She hits your bike and you have to pay and she gets off without paying anything? Please tell me I'm wrong!!!
Yes, you are wrong. He doesn't have to pay a deductible when she hit the bike when it was parked. I hope he got her info because this is not one thin dime out of your pocket, even in Florida.

Quick Reply: Ruined it today.