Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harley warranty question

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009 | 06:11 PM
damnhippie
|
Advanced
Default harley warranty question

what kind of warranty do you get with a new harley? is it a factory warranty or does it depend on the dealer you purchase from?

Old 01-08-2009 | 06:32 PM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member

The HD Factory warranties the products and the warranty work is performed by HD Dealers the same way auto manufacturers warranty their vehicles (provided they survive this economy) and the work is performed mostly by their dealer network.

Old 01-08-2009 | 06:40 PM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

The factory warranty is a total coverage warranty for two years and transferable to other owners during that term. Somehow Harley has learned to postpone the majority of defects and telltale signs of faulty workmanship until 731 days after the date of purchase.

Old 01-08-2009 | 08:19 PM
ZEALOUS_DRAGON
Cruiser
Talking Uh Oh Spaghetti Oh

Originally Posted by jmpancoast
The factory warranty is a total coverage warranty for two years and transferable to other owners during that term. Somehow Harley has learned to postpone the majority of defects and telltale signs of faulty workmanship until 731 days after the date of purchase.
I think there is a trend here; Seems to me EVERY manufacturer is doing this now days. Bought a TV from best buy, guess what, 366 days and it quits. You know it possible to make anything last forever, don’t buy it. LOL

Old 01-08-2009 | 08:21 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

Why I bought the 5 year extended warranty. 7 years of warranty.... sounds okay to me, as long as it's not a 7 year battle

Old 01-09-2009 | 02:12 AM
FatBobRay
Tourer

I didn't get the extended warranty however I was told I can add it anytime I want to pony up the cash. At least anytime while my 2 year warranty is in force.

Old 01-09-2009 | 02:40 AM
rockon
Outstanding HDF Member

I went with the extended 5 year...sure it's money I probably won't ever cash in on, but it's peace of mind in the instance that something more expensive goes wrong.

Old 01-09-2009 | 07:40 AM
damnhippie
|
Advanced

So when you say total coverage, does that mean anything? Including brakes, tires, etc...

Old 01-09-2009 | 07:52 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by damnhippie
So when you say total coverage, does that mean anything? Including brakes, tires, etc...
I wouldn't go by the dealer's service department with a warranty claim on your rear tire being worn out at 12,000 miles.

Warranties do not typically cover normal wear and tear......brakes, tires, bulbs, wiper blades, etc

Old 01-09-2009 | 08:08 AM
damnhippie
|
Advanced

reason i ask (and yes i know i was being hustled) is i brought my 07 sporty i bought in march of 07 for the trade in. I brought it to a dealer i knew i wouldn't buy from cause they are as shady as it gets. But i wanted to see what they would do on a deal that i could bring to another dealer to "beat."

They tried to hustle me saying all kinds of stuff (including rear brake and tire were shot) and therefore knock off 1500 off the msrp deal.

Quick Reply: harley warranty question