Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I did it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:10 PM
froogle
|
Cruiser
Default I did it!

I know there's plenty of other threads just like this, but I couldn't resist making my own. Sorry forum mods etc etc.

As I said elsewhere, I've got an 07 Sportster 1200 Low that's been giving me a lot of grief - engine lights coming on for no reason, misfiring, yadda yadda. Altogether not a happy experience.

This weekend at the Stealer getting the latest thing fixed I complained and whined and bitched and moaned and then they told me about the Ride Free deal. Wifey wasn't happy. The mere thought of replacing my existing loan with a larger one really didn't appeal to her - she's the smart one in the family. Me on the other hand, I thought it was a fine idea. I get to get rid of a bike I really don't trust any more and replace it with a big V. Hubba hubba.

After much 'persuasion' I got the nod today to talk to the dealer some more. In fact, today was the first day she actually started asking questions about things like color, options and so on - always a good sign. We disagreed on the color (I wanted black, she wanted something 'pretty'), but I figured it best to concede if I stood a hope in hell of getting my way.

I skipped out of work a little early and spent an hour or so at the dealer, had a heart attack with one quote for finance interest and walked away. Then I got a call on the way home telling me they made a mistake and quoting me a much more realistic (and not quite so 'credit cardy') interest rate, and a drop in my monthly payments to boot! I got about a 1k of the total price of the bike, got them to waive their fees, and even got them to throw in the security system for free. Yay me!

Wifey reluctantly agreed when I told her the payments were going down per month and I just made the call back to the Stealer to say "do it".

Friday night at 6pm I give them my Sporty and drive away on a brand new Black and Silver Dyna SuperGlide Custom Just in time for the weekend

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:13 PM
lolife
Road Warrior

that's kool man...... good for you........you will love it.........................pics?

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:16 PM
froogle
|
Cruiser

Soon as I get it, I'll post 'em.

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:23 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

Hell ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:24 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Grats on the new ride!!

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:27 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior

I saw one just like that this past weekend. Very sharp. I'd have to change the bars to fit me though. Welcome to Dynaville.

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:33 PM
HDDyna2006
Banned

Great news man.

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:36 PM
MarineMike
Cruiser

way to go froogle,
stick it to the stealer for all of us!!

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:38 PM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on the new ride, enjoy.

And they made a mistake on the quote my ***. If you had agreed to it, I can assure you they wouldn't have said a word about any mistake.

Old 01-07-2009 | 06:39 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior

That's fantastic! Sounds real purdy.

Quick Reply: I did it!