Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11 inch shocks on a bob

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:05 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 11 inch shocks on a bob

I was thinking bout going with the 11inch shocks but i looked at my bob and i dont think they will work with passenger foot pegs i have an inch of clearence now from the fender to the foot peg mount anyone put them on yet?

Old 04-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Original Junior
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 11 inch shocks on a bob

DBob, I think Whiff has them on his bob. If not, I know I saw it here on someone's bob. Hey, did you ever get you bob straightened out? I'm still waiting for my black bassani's to show up (17 days my ****[:@]). The new dealer I'm trying suggested a SE Race Fueler. Sounds less intrusive than a SERT or PC3. I have the SE A/C & slip ons but wanted some black pipes with a little more grunt. The "new" dealer I'm trying said the Race Fueler was all I needed for that unless I planned to go bigger on the engine then they suggested the SERT. I guess we'll see once I get the pipes in and head to the dealer. Here's a couple of pics I pulled off this forum but can't remember who's it is. Sorry guys.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6080/DE05075EB99042BDB3B664CDF2CFDBF3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6080/D5F82E5D8DCE4E8996683B1B8E125959.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-14-2006, 12:21 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i sraightened out myself i bought the injectors for 180 bucks and poped them in and wammo fixed.in that pic with the 11 inchers he doesent have passenger foot pegs the mount for the foot pegs is on the swingarm and its only 1 inch away from the fender now.I looked for the SE race fueler and they only show it for the 05s i think im going with the pc11 instead

Old 04-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

So the injectors made that much of a difference.[sm=confused06.gif] Maybe I should sport for some new one's from Zanotti's? I knew you were having some real issues. Not sure mine are as bad as yours but... Tell us more please. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:55 AM
Basic
Road Captain

The bottom bike is mine. I actually have 11.5" shocks. When the stock fender was on I did not have any problems at all with clearance.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:05 AM
Original Junior
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Basic

The bottom bike is mine. I actually have 11.5" shocks. When the stock fender was on I did not have any problems at all with clearance.
There we go, an owner of my pilfered photos. There IS NOTHING basic about your bike! I wish I had the time and dough to show and go like you. Check it out, I will "lend" you my bike so you can conduct some of your further R&D on it for me at you dime. Sounds good, huh?

Old 04-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Basic
Road Captain

Well I've got some ideas floating around for a demin Bob but I'm not so sure I want to try them on my dime!

Old 04-14-2006, 01:02 PM
theyogawarrior
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BASIC, I'm always game for what you're cooking up so keep us posted.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:24 PM
mingo blackdenimbob
Novice

i put a set of 11 inch progressive shocks on my bob and have had no problem with them. I also have the passenger foot pegs.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:01 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the lowered shocks make the rear fender look lower over the rear tire. I can't really tell from the photos, but I am really into the low fender look. I could just about go to solid shocks and have a rigid dyna, but prob not. Hey BASIC how comfy is the hairpin seat? And I can't wait to see the final posts with your wheels on. I'm considering going to cobalt blue spokes on my front sort of like one of the May nominees for bike of the month. Check him out.

https://www.hdforums.com/albumphoto....Type=1&apage=1

Quick Reply: 11 inch shocks on a bob