Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats up with the WG and detachable stuff???

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 04:24 PM
outback2970
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy whats up with the WG and detachable stuff???

I've got an 03 and am trying to get both the bags and sissy bar detachable from the same points. Looking at the cyclevisions site at the barebacks and they claim CV128 will accomplish this. So I order up a set from my dealer and also buy the detachable side plates. I already have the TS relocated so I'm good right? Wrong. I live here in Nova Scotia Canada and called Cyclevision in San Diego on my dime only to find out that this won't work. The side plates mount on the farthest hole back on the strut with the TS. the bags mount ahead in another hole and if you install the detachable backrest it covers the rear "bag mount" hole. Now I've put a deposit on the barebacks and there is a 20% restocking fee. (little buggers are expensive too) Has anyone figured this out or know a way to do what I want to do? The bag spacing is 10 3/8" and the front mount location is the same for the bags and sissybar. Oh...BTW

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY

Old 12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Keep the barebacks!!!
The easiest way to make your sissy bar detachable... www.haulinass.com
just got mine and it is the bomb diggity.
Screw the sideplates.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:26 PM
outback2970
Cruiser

Thanks Rounder...not for me though. I have the rack that mounts to the sissybar that I want to keep and it will be quick detatch also if I am successful. Also, I just love the look of traditional, unrefined maybe even bulky ole Harley stuff. Like the older (like mine) dashes as opposed to the new more stylish curves on the newer ones. Call me crazy I guess, but different strokes I guess.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:43 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

yeah you would have to use the rack that attaches to the fender...

Old 12-31-2008, 06:53 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

I thought of another possibility...use a dremmel to notch out the sideplates so they will fit around the rear mounting point of the barebacks. you may need to attach the bags 1st and then attach the sissy bar when putting on the bike, but, I think this might be very doable.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:25 PM
outback2970
Cruiser

Ha..Great minds think alike??? I was at a party tonight and the very same idea hit me outta the blue. It's so crazy it just might work. If it is do-able I'll try and do up a nice post with pics and description. Thanks again Rounder.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

no problem... that will be a great writeup

Old 09-04-2009, 09:14 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

So did it work? I have a 2000 WG and was going to go with easy brackets only to talk to dave at easy brakets and find out that my year of WG and my measurement from strut to strut isnt the 10 3/8 its 12 and change(can't remember) so I am friggen lost on what to do!

Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 PM
danktat
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I relocated my turn signals to the license plate bracket ..... let me see if I can find the thread....

here it is

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...u-warning.html

That got them completely out of the way for whatever you want to put on the struts.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyTrish
So did it work? I have a 2000 WG and was going to go with easy brackets only to talk to dave at easy brakets and find out that my year of WG and my measurement from strut to strut isnt the 10 3/8 its 12 and change(can't remember) so I am friggen lost on what to do!
Are you just trying to mount the bags on your bike? After moving my rear sigs to the tail light area, I have a total of 4 holes in my struts. The easy brackets bolt 9.25" apart. My detachable sissy bar is 12" and change, but the bags are closet together. Here's an old pic of just the easy bracket posts on my 05' WG

Quick Reply: whats up with the WG and detachable stuff???