Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG! This thing is a gas hog!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:37 AM
JakeInMa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gary7, I got the sarcasm from the beginning. I know you're loving your new ride...enjoy!

Old 12-31-2008, 03:32 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gary7
I only got 44.4 mpg on my first tank of gas. I'm taking it back to the dealer. That is just ridiculous. I never got less than 50 mpg on my Sporty and routinely got 55 mpg--even got 62 mpg once.

Edit: I can't believe so many people are taking this post seriously.
When you spend all this money on upgrades, the last thing one should concern himself with would be mpg. After all, upgrades mean more hp. And hp = more gas = more money. I really dont concern my self with how many mpg i get, i wouldnt be able to enjoy my ride. You gotta love it!!!!!!!!! I KNOW THIS ISNT YOUR SITUATION, just saying.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:38 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

we stop every 100 miles... i can go for well over that on a tank... but that is what we stop at when we tour... i have had many a bike with no gas guage.... run it till you run out of gas, then remember not to go that many miles next time

Old 12-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sata6
thats why there called h.o.g.s. HARD ON GAS, but really who cares i never bought my bike because of gas milage THE CHICKS DIG MY RIDE.
You actually bought a real expensive Dick extension then...

Old 12-31-2008, 07:44 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
ha ha ha ha ha is this a joke or serious... who cares! i get asked all the time what kind of gas milage i get... WHO CARES is my answer... i would have bought a scooter if i cared about that!
I with ya on that.... who cares

Old 12-31-2008, 08:01 AM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I dont know what mileage she gets. I didnt buy her for mileage. I have her to ride. I put gas in her when she needs it, and when she wants more, I give it to her.

In return for all this, she makes me smile.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Grind
Road Master

Originally Posted by frankjake
Seems like a lot of riders that aren't too serious about riding since they don't care about their mileage.

I WANT to know the mileage I'm getting because I do a lot of long trips and sometimes gas staions are not located every 50 or 60 miles.

One ride we went on, we had to travel 166 miles from station to station. (I don't think a sportster will make it that far on one tank of gas, or the early v-rods). I was on the v-rod at the time and even with the 5 gallon tank, 175 miles is about the max it could do, at least they way I ride it.

So it will be interesting to see what my fat bob will do once it's broke in. I'd rather plan my ride knowing how far i can go when gas staions are far and few between. So it's an important question for some riders.
My comment on mileage,
I don't give a rat's furry what kind of mileage I get with the 'Glide.
was not to say I don't care how far I can go. I didn't buy a Harley for its awesome fuel economy. Hell, I can go farther on a tank of gas on my 'Glide than I could on my Vespa.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:45 AM
XKROME
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I never took the time to figure out milage but I do get about 200 SMILES per tankfull

Old 12-31-2008, 05:22 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
I have to disagree about the Sportster not being able to go 166 miles. I had an 05 883 hopped up to a 1250 and we would go 175 miles between gas stops when we did the iron butt ride last year. I would have hated riding along that far and not knowing what the sporty got for gas mileage. I would have probably been walking some of that ride most likely looking for gas.
I didn't know a sportster could go that far. We ride with a guy who has a sportster, sorry not sure what year, but it's newer. He stops BEFORE he hits 100 miles. So I just figured he couldn't go much further than that.

Last year on a trip (not the one I mention where we had to go 166 miles between stations) a group of us missed at turn for a schedule gas stop. We had 9 bikes I think and we were getting worried about gas. We ended up going about 186 miles if I remember. One guy on a Dyna only put in about 4 gallons. A guy on a Street Glide was very close to putting in 5 gallons. My V-Rod took very close to 5 gallon also. I'm looking forward to seeing just how far the fat bob will go once it's broke in. I'm hoping 175 miles will be easy to get, even when pushing it hard.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
frankjake
Road Master

Originally Posted by Grind
My comment on mileage, was not to say I don't care how far I can go. I didn't buy a Harley for its awesome fuel economy. Hell, I can go farther on a tank of gas on my 'Glide than I could on my Vespa.
Half the fun of posting on a forum is giving other member a hard time.

Funny you mention a Vespa. Last year I bought a tiny little car, a Scion XD because I do so much travel. That little thing gets better mileage than my V-Rod. But of course it's not nearly as fun to drive.

Take care man

Quick Reply: OMG! This thing is a gas hog!