Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need opinions on Memphis shades sportshields

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 05:53 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperFastGlide
as a side note... once you have the mounting hardware you can use any sport shield you want.. small in summer, bigger in winter
Excellent point.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:41 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
I have the Rio Grande and it works well. It's their largest sport shield but it still looks pretty compact compared to some of the HD ones.

I have the same one. I really like it! Makes those 100+ mile rides alot more enjoyable.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:04 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by redrubicon2004
I have the same one. I really like it! Makes those 100+ mile rides alot more enjoyable.
Yea I think I'm gonna be alright for the world record setting Iron Butt ride this May here in Virginia. I got my shield and Mustang seat ready. Maybe I'll see another Gold Wing rider this year crying that it's gonna be a long ride without his cd player and gps not working. lol

Old 12-30-2008, 11:11 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Yea I think I'm gonna be alright for the world record setting Iron Butt ride this May here in Virginia. I got my shield and Mustang seat ready. Maybe I'll see another Gold Wing rider this year crying that it's gonna be a long ride without his cd player and gps not working. lol
Damn! I checked the map and my trip is only 856 miles (Valdosta,Ga to Pittsburgh,Pa). Looks like no Iron Butt for me. I don't plan on doing it in one day anyway though. I plan on enjoying the West Virginia twisties, and may even detour through Deal's Gap.

*JUST FOR THE RECORD*
My wife is the one pushing for the windshield, not me. So I wonder, how does a windshield affect the ride for a passenger???

Old 12-31-2008, 08:25 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My wife says its easier for her to hear me when we talk (not sure if thats good) she also says the wind doesnt seem to hit her in the face quite as much.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:32 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

My wife says she don't give a damn whether the windshield is off or on since she doesn't ride on the back anyways.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Shark46
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had my 09 FXD or 6 months now (former Goldwinger), and rode it yesterday without the HD detachable for the first time (I have 5,000 miles in 6 months), and I will never do that again...man, that is hard work with the wind trying to blow you off the bike! lol

Old 12-31-2008, 02:47 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

See? Spoiled *** Goldwingers.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:51 PM
palmbeachcpl
Cruiser

I had them, and they sucked. Lots of head bobbing so I went to the fats...a little better but the shields scratch easy and if the lowers are colored they fade quickly. I would hold out and get the Harley shield they are made from a better product I thinl lexon.

Old 12-31-2008, 03:43 PM
dynakid
Stage III

To all---be careful if you have the larger forks on your super glide. I have 07 glide that has the 49mm forks, I tried twice to order the correct mounting brackets for a sport shield from cruizercustomizing.com in Cal and both times they were too small. I finally called MS directly and the tech lady gave me the correct mounting kit # but then I had a hard time finding a distributor that had that mount in stock. Finally found it axiom in Cal.

Quick Reply: need opinions on Memphis shades sportshields