Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing ISO Grips need info

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 10:51 AM
MyClassic09
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Installing ISO Grips need info

I would like any tips and tricks to installing the kuryakyn iso grips.
the left side instructions are vague. In the manual I have to take off housing since part of the grip is in there....how does the new handle go on? put the housing in exact same place then shove handle to it? or shove handle on and move the assembly up a little cause doesnt look like that grip can fit inside housing...

as far as the right how easy is it? any suggestions?

Old 12-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Gearhead383
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When installing mine, it was a matter of cutting the old one (LF side) off and sliding the new one on. Before adding the glue, do a couple of test fits and make sure you have the grip rotated where you want it. I put some tape on the grip and on the switch housing and made a mark on both pieces. When you add the glue you only get one shot at this. Push, dont' twist it on the handlebar making sure the two marks you made line up. Again, practice before adding the glue.
I would recommend doing the RT side first so you have a better understanding of how the grip looks installed. Both of mine line up when I twist the throtttle to what I believe is a highway speed.
As far as the throttle goes, remember when you remove the switch housing, those little barrels are not attached in the throttle cables. Becareful not to lose them. Good luck!

Old 12-27-2008, 12:51 PM
MyClassic09
Road Captain

so dont remove the housing on left side to get all the old grip?

Old 12-27-2008, 01:25 PM
wkdavistx
Tourer

The left side switch housing clam-shell to hold the grip on. You don't need to use glue to hold it on. Most of us don't use glue so you don't have to damage the grip when removing it.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Gearhead383
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dynabob07
so dont remove the housing on left side to get all the old grip?
I don't remember having to do that. I cut the old one with a razor and peeled it off. I don't see any harm in removing it if you want to. But maybe I'm missing something... . It was my first upgrade I did to my bike and I thought it was pretty easy to do.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:43 PM
MyClassic09
Road Captain

I started the job and removed the left housing so that I take the whole grip off....I was able to grab with both hands and break the glue on it...broke a sweat...but got the grip off with no damage...

so I put the grip all the way on then tightened the housing right next to the grip then glued it where I wanted to...

Did the right side a litle more pain but did it and then adjusted the cable nuts to tighten them and was done...

Old 01-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Ohio_Ridge_Rider
Novice

On my left side for the grip i just used black electric tape on the bar and pushed the grip on,didn't use the glue that came with it.