Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Location of battery tender plug?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Ronbaci
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chopperz
Just got a superglide custom tonite.Don't know if it has a battery connection for the battery tender,it's supposed to.It's in the garage,not much light,I can't find the damn thing.Where would it be?I'm lookin all around the battery. Any idea?
My lowrider came with one but the dealer told me they installed it as a courtesy to their customers. It is located alongside the battery box just above the swingarm.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:24 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

That's all fine and well,but it's going to be 3 degrees here tonite! Here she is all hooked up! How cold does it get by you guys?
when you get a chance swing by your stealer to get the permanent connector. It is only 10 bucks. then you can just plug in and out anytime without having to mess with mounting those alligator clips.
Also look at your battery. Is there more than the pos. and neg . cable attached to it? If you have additional wires attached to each terminal, then you probably do have the plug installed and just missed where they routed it.
all the mechanics I have talked to (stealer and independent) feel that tendering the battery every night possible leads to longer battery life.

Last edited by rounder; 12-24-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:41 AM
jamesrgarner
Road Captain

I didn't have one on my '06 Superglide but added it myself - its a great addition, especially in the winter time or when you are away from your bike for a while.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:12 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I wonder why it is some have it and some dont.
I looked in the service manual for the 08 Dynas, and there it was in the schematics

Here in SoCal, the only thing I use mine for is the air compressor to keep the tires up to snuff

Old 12-24-2008, 01:12 PM
redhemi57
Advanced

My 08 Super Glide Custom has it. I am not sure if it came with it I bought it used.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked on my Fat Bob just to see and I did find a wide/flat connector with 4 wires going into it that is capped off. I don't have a manual for reference but with 4 wires I would have to guess it might be the OBD connector.....that isn't it is it?

Old 12-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member
Red face

I found it.It has one.It was on the left side,behind those 2 big spark plug looking wires.It was tucked in there.I fished it out a little when the seat was off.Well at least I know i can remove the battery cover and seat without destroying anything.

Attached Thumbnails Location of battery tender plug?-phpl3zz1ram.jpg   Location of battery tender plug?-phpdryyfaam.jpg  

Last edited by Chopperz; 12-24-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: picture edit
Old 12-24-2008, 02:33 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I found it.It has one.It was on the left side,behind those 2 big spark plug looking wires.It was tucked in there.I fished it out a little when the seat was off.Well at least I know i can remove the battery cover and seat without destroying anything.
Congratulations Chopperz
Youre now a certified HDF Harley mechanic

Old 12-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

I just bought a tender today and its on now! I took the battery cover off and red to red and black to ground bolt. i dont have the factory plug!!!

Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My 08 came with one

Quick Reply: Location of battery tender plug?