Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing exhaust on 06 Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 07:38 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installing exhaust on 06 Dyna

IS it a hard job for a backyard auto mechanic? I'm sure some of you guys have installed your own exhaust, just trying to save a little cash.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:44 PM
hd_sob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installing exhaust on 06 Dyna

After having seen how much difficulty the dealer had putting the V&H on my Sporty, I personally don't think I would attempt it. Especially without a rack or very sturdy stand.

Of course, I imagine no two installations are identical and some go on much easier than others. The stand is definitely something to consider though...

Old 04-11-2006, 07:54 PM
jaystone
Road Captain

I installed a set of V&H on my wifes 05 Sportster and my 05 Wide Glide. I wouldn't say it was a piece of cake, but I would think anyone that is even slightly mechanical can do it. Save yourself the money and do it yourself. The tools you need are just the basics.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:12 PM
kaduku
Road Captain

I saved alot of money installing my slip-ons and stage 1, so I would do it myself. In fact, I plan to do my own 1000 service on my own bike. Take that you stealers!

Old 04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
phreak
Road Master

It's do-able. Take your time, be patient. If you don't have the right tool, go buy it. You'll use it again later.

Old 04-11-2006, 08:42 PM
sturgis kidd
Intermediate

if its a bike with fuel injection, you might have to step up to a stage 1 and different air cleaner.. might want to check in on that...

Old 04-11-2006, 09:45 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

not that bad to do,takes some time about 2-4 hrs ,depending how good your with a wrench.i would do it yourself,save some cash.its not that bad.might need a little hand holding the end of the pipes while you wrench the front down to the heads.but all in all,i give it a 4 on a recter scale of 1-10.plus u learn your bike,and it will make you feel better inside when you look at your exhaust,knowing you did it yourself.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:46 PM
dajam_fxdli
Cruiser

I am going to put on a set of Rineharts 2 into 1's in a few weeks. I can't imagine it would be that hard? Rather do it myself and save a few bucks... I will let you know how hard it is....

Old 04-11-2006, 10:56 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior

I'm thinking of installing some air in my rear tire by myself, but only when it's necessary. I've read where most any air will fit an 06 dyna as long as you get it in the tire. Do the o2 sensors cause a problem for this, as ambient air is only about 15 or less percent oxygen. Just wondering. Will the same air fit the front tire? I know a guy with a new 1200L and he puts the same air in his front tire as I would put in mine, but he has a 21 inch front and my Bob has a 19. Didn't know if he had to use larger air. So much to keep straight!!!

Old 04-11-2006, 11:02 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm thinking of installing some air in my rear tire by myself, but only when it's necessary. I've read where most any air will fit an 06 dyna as long as you get it in the tire. Do the o2 sensors cause a problem for this, as ambient air is only about 15 or less percent oxygen. Just wondering. Will the same air fit the front tire? I know a guy with a new 1200L and he puts the same air in his front tire as I would put in mine, but he has a 21 inch front and my Bob has a 19. Didn't know if he had to use larger air. So much to keep straight!!!
i perfer warm air in my front tire and cold air in my rear tire.lol

Quick Reply: Installing exhaust on 06 Dyna