Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Release Detachable Windshield with Aux Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 04:07 PM
gilly32
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Release Detachable Windshield with Aux Lights?

I am considering buying the Quick Release Detachable Windshield and auxiliary lights for my '05 Super Glide Custom, but I wanted to know if anyone has this windshield along with auxiliary lights? I know they make a detachable windshield with cut-outs for these lights, but I don't want to install the docking hardware for that particular windshield. I like the idea of the "quick release", but I am not sure this would work with the auxilary lights. Can the auxiliary lights be mounted a little lower so they don't interfere with the windshield?

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thank you.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:55 AM
intruder400ex
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quick Release Detachable Windshield with Aux Lights?

I have the complete windshield and quick release kit for the aux lights and I am looking to sellit since I dont like to use the windshield and I am going to put a wide glide front end on the bike so e-mail me if you are interested there is 100miles onthe shield tops.

Steve

Old 04-12-2006, 10:10 AM
3dynaP
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Quick Release Detachable Windshield with Aux Lights?

You can do just about anything with the windshield and lights. If what you want to do turns out to be too tight with the lights, all you have to do is trim the windshield around the lights. it's really easy to do. I did it to mine last week. Or you could mark the windshield and take it to the local glass dealer in your area and they will trim it up for you. Very easy to do. I've done it many times. Good luck.