Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone using the sputhe positrac ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:13 PM
FASTFXD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Sharkey. Thx.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:27 PM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

finally installed my positrac......all i can say is wow !!!!!! i thought my bike handled good,but now its on rails..wow...i am well pleased with this install,really easy to do.better if you have it on a lift....

Old 02-09-2009, 08:37 PM
apbtlvr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine installed last week and wish I had done this a long time ago. The chassis is much stiffer. It tracks better not only in curves but straights as well. It also seems to make it launch much better, but I won't know for sure until I get to the track this weekend. If you're into high performance I suggest you give it a try.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been following the truetrack and sputhe threads, because I don't know which is better. I have heard the following, the true track interferes with a crash bar. I have mounted fog lights on it and don't want to remove it. And that the sputhe unit is more compact and won't interfere. Is this true? Is it is, sputhe wins.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:09 PM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

sorry cant help you there,but you can call them,they could probably tell you if it would fit.www.sputhe.com phone number is on web site

Old 04-02-2011, 11:55 AM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Sputhe Positrac

Just to move this post forward again.

I just ordered the Sputhe Positrac and waiting for a nice day to install. Alan was great to talk with and very informative.

He has modified the positrac with o-rings between the threaded portion of the heim joint and the link. Also, rubber cups were added to seal the rod bearing of the heim joints. His reasoning for the o-rings and seal cups is that the debris kicked up from the wheels would put girt and surface rust in the unit. It is really a nice piece of engineering. The threaded link between the heim joints is stainless steel, with two small flats on one end for adjustment between the heim joints. I've seen several different variations of this threaded link, but I like the round link. Besides, stainless steel holds up better to pitting from road debris than aluminum.

I know True Trac is a great sponsor. I had an issue with their T-bracket. It is a more bulky unit than I wanted. Also, the TT just did not have that "Machined" looked I wanted. Should I add an oil cooler, I don't need to make an adapter to move the cooler forward of the front positrac unit.

There's no need to post a review as several are already posted.

And, thanks to Mudd, my next addition for handling will be the Gold Emulators for my front forks. For now, I'm broke, the weather is warm, and I'll save up for the shocks to complete my handling package.