Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two up riding on a Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:07 PM
HeliRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two up riding on a Fat Bob

Bike looks awesome, just a little concerned about two up?

Any comments?

Old 12-19-2008, 02:16 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

At times, I ride 2-up on the Street Bob with no problems. Plenty of motor to take you wherever you want.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:17 PM
bmb
Advanced
Default 2up on fat bob

Originally Posted by HeliRider
Bike looks awesome, just a little concerned about two up?

Any comments?
i have a fat bob with the detachable sissy bar,and luggage rack for 2up. I'm 6ft 250 my girlfriend is 5'11 170. With the exception of the back of stock seat,'she hated it' We have no problems. The passenger section of rear seat is too soft she could feel bracket poking thru. Did a custom seat from C&C Custom seats. We have riden 300miles in day with no problems.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:21 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I say put a solo seat on it and make the little lady buy her own bike

You'll be much happier

Old 12-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ord sgt
At times, I ride 2-up on the Street Bob with no problems. Plenty of motor to take you wherever you want.
We ride 2 up a lot. Agree with the plenty of motor comment.

Sammi

Old 12-19-2008, 02:58 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 320 Posts

Wife and I ride on our Fat Bob without any issues.
As someone above said though, you'll want to change out the seat.
The stock Fat Bob seat is great for rider only, but sucks for the passenger. There are a few comfortable two up seats out there. I went with the back rest and Harley Touring seat along with the quick detach thumb screw. Takes just a few seconds to put the stock seat back on if needed.

Wife can ride on the back of this set up for hours now. After about 3 miles on the stock seat, she said enough.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:16 PM
db252
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ride quit a bit and half of it is probably 2up since we ride with friends that are couples as well. 18,000 miles on my Fat Bob and it isn't even a year old yet. My wife doesn't mind the stock seat for local trips and honestly could go longer. However, I did buy a Corbin Dual Tour seat that is made for the Fat Bob and we use that on the longer trips which is better for her. I also put a wider pad on the back of the sissy bar just to give her a little more support than the stock pad.

New project I'm working on now is the addition of an aftermarket tour pack with the full back pad of the king HD tour pack mainly for more storage and an even more comfortable backrest for her but that's another story.

Going back to the main topic, the Fat Bob is fine for 2up riding as it comes but there are obviously many things you can do to get it even more comfortable. To me, the Dyna's are switchable form sporty to touring.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:34 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with all above, 2 up no worries, change the seat and you are good for miles and miles... Motor has pleanty of power for you, passenger and beyond

Old 12-19-2008, 04:34 PM
moguy
Cruiser

ok got to 1 up the proof of enough motor i am 6'4" 345lbs an my lady is about the same as his between 150-170lbs 5'10", and i have no issues with power at anytime. the only problem i have is the same problem i have on all bikes. I am a very good Wind Break.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

The Fat Bob has the same engine as the Ultra soooooo, no prob with power. Seating for two-up is the thing to concentrate on and storage. If yer taking a female you'll need lotsa storage.

Quick Reply: Two up riding on a Fat Bob