Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not happy with how shes runnin

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008 | 01:18 PM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain
Default not happy with how shes runnin

dilemma - shes runnin like **** (aside from the immediate wet ecm problem - but thats another thread LOL)

i think it all surrounds the pipe i chose and the lack of map available with pcIII

2:1 bassani shorty pro

love the look, but the way the bike idles and sounds is really dissapointing. Im debating on taken her to a dyno, butthe bucks imgonna spend there could be spent on a set of V&H short shots, which i know pcII has a map, and maybe thats the way to go???

ideas/opinions?

I always go road less travelled with parts, andit always means ending up with more tuning, etc - im thinking maybe I just go with the flow on this one and grab a more availablepipe/map

whadya guys think?i also NEVER got her tuned since new, and she has 26k on it now - Im cheap as f*ck I know, but 500 bucks at the stealer for a '1000 mile' tune seemed absurd.

Old 12-18-2008 | 01:29 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

Yep im the same way thats why i just went with slip ons...

Old 12-18-2008 | 02:07 PM
JRK5892
Banned

can you adjust your fuel tables seperately? can you play wiht it without using a canned map? I know with my SERT we took a canned map and then Eric tweeked that to fit the bike, and my riding style...

Old 12-18-2008 | 02:11 PM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain

yea, i can do a custom mapping but without dynoing (isthat a word?) i wouldnt see where to go - so ultimately thats the question - anyone running a bassani 2:1 and actually happy with it?
Just wondering if after 300 bucks ona dyno Ill still be unhappy with the pipe - therefore, maybe shilling that coin out to a set of short shots would make more sense?

Old 12-18-2008 | 02:39 PM
JRK5892
Banned

or drop some cams in and then have it dynoed as it is... dude all you have to do is make and adjustement ride it... and make your level changes off that.

Old 12-18-2008 | 02:44 PM
robzuc97
Road Master
Default Not happy?

"i think it all surrounds the pipe i chose and the lack of map available with pcIII" SERT does not have a map for everything either; you have to pick the most similar. A 2:1 Bassani shorty and a V&H short shot should be the same (unless the diameter and lengths are different but you see where I'm going with it). Using the dyno, the AFR (VE table on the SERT) is adjusted to get the best performance/driveability.

"Im debating on taken her to a dyno, butthe bucks imgonna spend there could be spent on a set of V&H short shots" Putting on a new set of pipes may not fix the problem.

"I always go road less travelled with parts, and it always means ending up with more tuning, etc - im thinking maybe I just go with the flow on this one and grab a more availablepipe/map" JRK5892 is trying to say the same thing I am, I think. Just loading a map does not mean your bike will get "instant results": the bike has to be tuned and adjusted. And, yes, it does cost some money to do it (I was lucky to have a dyno at school to use for my carb bikes!) but the results are worth it! The maps for the SERT or PC are "generic" for lack of a better word and have tables (as I said the VE Table for the SERT) which can be adjusted using dynamic tuning (or the dyno, in other words). Putting on a SERT or PC without dyno or at least-if-nothing-else-available and EGA is only adding half the mod. Loading a map without dyno is like buying a new carb and just bolting it to the A/C without adjusting the jets. Hit or miss.

Old 12-18-2008 | 03:20 PM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain

robzu - i dont think i disagree with you at all, asnI think what youre saying is dyno it, right?
i know I can adjust levels myself, but i just think thats hit or miss too

I guess I have two problems really - maybe theyre related, maybe not - I dont like how the bikes running (and i think the dyno is where thats pointed) but I also dont like how the bike sounds - not so much the exhaust notes, but how it idles, etc - this is my first FI bike, but it seems other guys 07bobs sound more like a harley than mine - not sure that makes sense butinly way i can describe it - is that cause of my pipe choice, fuel injection, or cuz cams arent agressive enough, all of above.....i want the 'thumpy' idle that my old bike had dammit!

Old 12-18-2008 | 04:59 PM
Herr Monk
Elite HDF Member

Get your bike tuned. The sound you just need to live with. Performance-wise, one she's tuned, you will be much happier than with a set of slip-ons/

Old 12-21-2008 | 01:58 PM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain

update

I found that my front exhaust gasket was non existent - which was obvioulsy the source of noise and reason for such bad popping, 'duh' so thats fixed - also found that pcIII has a map for a 2:1 bub that i hadnt tried before (map 022) has independent fuel tables for each cylinder,so its idling beautiful now and running much stronger/smoother -
BUT!!! NEW PROBLEM!

theres this intermittent misfire(??) or fuel starv or timing issue - I dont know - all of a sudden (either on hard acceleration or cruising) the bike just cuts out - then right back on - almost like running out of gas - but defintley NOT out of gas - New map, or maybe got more electrical probs?

wtf? plug old map in and see if prb still occurs?

Old 12-21-2008 | 02:15 PM
Lorance66
Road Master

spark plug wire?

Quick Reply: not happy with how shes runnin