Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not happy with how shes runnin

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008 | 02:29 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member

Bad fuel?

Old 12-21-2008 | 04:58 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by blackmopar
update

I found that my front exhaust gasket was non existent - which was obvioulsy the source of noise and reason for such bad popping, 'duh' so thats fixed - also found that pcIII has a map for a 2:1 bub that i hadnt tried before (map 022) has independent fuel tables for each cylinder,so its idling beautiful now and running much stronger/smoother -
BUT!!! NEW PROBLEM!

theres this intermittent misfire(??) or fuel starv or timing issue - I dont know - all of a sudden (either on hard acceleration or cruising) the bike just cuts out - then right back on - almost like running out of gas - but defintley NOT out of gas - New map, or maybe got more electrical probs?

wtf? plug old map in and see if prb still occurs?
go over all connections, check plugs, and battery terminals... try different map.
Seek out a performance shop to tune the bike right and give you the performance your bike has hidden within.
A carb will seem like it is going to shut off like you describe if jetted too lean or wrong needle.

Old 12-22-2008 | 02:47 PM
blackmopar
|
Road Captain

in this case, seems to have been a loose battery ground - saw some evidence of arcing at the terminal -tightened and rode fora fewhours yesterday, and this am in weatherand no 'cut out'

new map and gaskets have really done the trick on how the bike is runnin too