Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nash Gimps?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009 | 11:07 PM
Pepsimayn
Tourer

Originally Posted by rounder
the 14" ones will be only a handlebar width or so over your current mini apes at the grips. you probably can use the stock cables. if anything you will only need to go about 2" longer than stock. can buy oversized cables through the stealer from the drag specialties book. Black cables are very inexpensive too. If you decide to get the 14" ones IMHO I would wait for the bars , get them on the bike and then see if you really do need any extra cable. only takes a few days to get parts from drag.
Does this refer to both the midget and regular gimps?

I'm worried about install time if I try to do them before I go back to NC, may just order them up and ride around with the stock bars until I have the time to play with it...

Never done it before, so I'm sure the learning curve will be steep.

Thanks much

Old 01-06-2009 | 11:28 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pepsimayn
Does this refer to both the midget and regular gimps?

I'm worried about install time if I try to do them before I go back to NC, may just order them up and ride around with the stock bars until I have the time to play with it...

Never done it before, so I'm sure the learning curve will be steep.

Thanks much
both. The regular gimps are no wider than your stock bars at the grips, and the midget gimps are designed more for a narrowglide front(sportster and older Dyna) with the base being like an inch or so more narrow than the regulars. Nash also take about 2-3 months before sending you their bars... The bars are sweet, look a little off with a speedo or tach. on the risers though(why I sold mine). Install time will be just a few hours. Go look at your cables and their routing and you'll see that you have a few extra inches to go with the Nash 14" bars.

Old 01-06-2009 | 11:42 PM
Pepsimayn
Tourer

Looking at them will be an issue as I'm in Iraq, and will be conveniently for another 3 months....

So....

I just ordered a pair of the regular 14" black gimps

Can't wait! I will have my THeader, SE Stage 1 AC, license plate mount, TTS tuner, Works black trackers, and some other stuff waiting on me when I get back!

Old 01-06-2009 | 11:53 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pepsimayn
Looking at them will be an issue as I'm in Iraq, and will be conveniently for another 3 months....

So....

I just ordered a pair of the regular 14" black gimps

Can't wait! I will have my THeader, SE Stage 1 AC, license plate mount, TTS tuner, Works black trackers, and some other stuff waiting on me when I get back!
cool ... IMHO that is a perfect list of upgrades you got there... Get home safe!!!!

Old 01-07-2009 | 12:04 AM
Pepsimayn
Tourer

Originally Posted by rounder
cool ... IMHO that is a perfect list of upgrades you got there... Get home safe!!!!
Thanks, luckily things are slowing down over here. Not much we can do any more.

As for the mods, I have spent a lot of time browsing and prioritizing. I think I've got a reasonable setup planned, and am trying to spare no expense!

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-07-2009 | 12:30 AM
Pepsimayn
Tourer

Originally Posted by firemedic58
Looking at getting a set of Nash Gimps for my 07SB and am not sure which to go with? I have decided to go with 14" but I don't know if I should roll with the midgets or the the regular Gimps? Anyone have have suggestions? Also how was the internal wiring process, and do I need to buy any additional parts, wires, cables, etc? Thanks for help in advance.

And last but not least after hi-jacking your thread:

I was facing the same dilemma. I liked the idea of keeping the bars more narrow than the forks, however I also liked the more prominent bend in the std gimps.

In regards to the pudgy gimps, I couldn't justify another 120.00 or whatever it is for an extra 1/4" of bar, though they do look badazz.

Look around for pictures of them. I saved the pictures of both bars from the "dimensions" link and compared them side by side.

As far as length, I'm barely 5'7 so thats a factor, and I don't like the look of the huge apes with little front end rake. I do like the size and look over the 14's compared to stock on the SB though.

A lot to think about...